Can US Citizens Book Pacific Explorer?

jewopaho

I contacted the only TA that books P&O cruises in the US, and was advised that any sailings on ships with "Pacific" in its name (i.e. P&O Australia) must be reserved through P&O directly.  I've been unable to find out how to get this done ... if it's at all possible.  Any information from CC members will be appreciated.  Thanks ...

1 hour ago, DDG 41 said:

2 Easiest options would be:

Ring them(P&O Australia)

or

Use an Aussie Online Travel Agent.

They won't be through P&O it would be through P&O Australia they are two separate companies 

Thanks for the tip. I'm aware that the two P&O's are separate entities, which is why the US travel agency can't book the latter, for some reason.  Many thanks again ... cheers!

14 hours ago, jewopaho said:

Thanks for the tip. I'm aware that the two P&O's are separate entities, which is why the US travel agency can't book the latter, for some reason.  Many thanks again ... cheers!

They have their own booking system. As they mostly serve the local market,  there isn't the volume for it to be worthwhile for foreign agents to use it. Hence, overseas TAs aren't registered to it.

The advice above is correct - foreigners can readily book if they go through either of those. It will be easier to use an online travel agent though as you don't have to worry about opening times, and international call costs and the length of time to make the booking.

1 hour ago, The_Big_M said:

They have their own booking system. As they mostly serve the local market,  there isn't the volume for it to be worthwhile for foreign agents to use it. Hence, overseas TAs aren't registered to it.

The advice above is correct - foreigners can readily book if they go through either of those. It will be easier to use an online travel agent though as you don't have to worry about opening times, and international call costs and the length of time to make the booking.

Gotcha ... many thanks.