Breakway tips & secrets

Shoppie124

Two of my three favorite things about Breakaway have to do with food!  

On at Sea days, there are two good options for lunch.  There is usually a nice complimentary themed luncheon buffet available in Moderno.   We also love the Lobster Rolls for sale at Ocean Blue's walk-up window on the Water Front.  Check the Dailies for the times these are available.

Another favorite and unique venue on the Breakaway is Syd Norman's Pour House.   Also check the dailies to see what music will be available each evening.  It's a small venue, so get there early!     

10 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

Two of my three favorite things about Breakaway have to do with food!  

On at Sea days, there are two good options for lunch.  There is usually a nice complimentary themed luncheon buffet available in Moderno.   We also love the Lobster Rolls for sale at Ocean Blue's walk-up window on the Water Front.  Check the Dailies for the times these are available.

Another favorite and unique venue on the Breakaway is Syd Norman's Pour House.   Also check the dailies to see what music will be available each evening.  It's a small venue, so get there early!     

I was looking forward to the lunch at Moderno on sea days, but when we went there on day 1, it wasn’t on. I didn’t check the final day, so maybe they did it then.

They were serving breakfast in Moderno though. It was fairly standard buffet stuff, but a much nicer venue.

Edited by KeithJenner

On my BA cruise, the band in Syd's was good but every set was the same songs.  Perhaps that was an attempt to try to get people to leave.  If it was, they were successful getting me to head over to Howl at the Moon to get some variety.

• Haha 1

If you have the SDP, use a credit at either Wasabi or the Raw Bar and eat as many items as you want... (*With $7 up charge) Also, the themed lunch each day in Moderno was a welcome change from the regular items at the Garden Cafe...

• Like 1

On 4/24/2019 at 2:35 PM, Shoppie124 said:

We are on the Breakway in August and I am trying to capture some tips & secrets from people who have been on this ship before.  I'll add we are staying in the Haven.

Thanks!!

We're on BA in August as well, which sailing are you on?

On 4/24/2019 at 2:35 PM, Shoppie124 said:

We are on the Breakway in August and I am trying to capture some tips & secrets from people who have been on this ship before.  I'll add we are staying in the Haven.

Thanks!!

Our favorite secret is as soon as mister is done, walk fast, don’t run, to the Forward portion of the Haven sundeck on Deck 17 and pull a longer close to the glass for a panoramic view of the sail away. Depending on the concierge, there is sometimes Champaign served. Otherwise, sent your significant other down to the bar and grab a couple of glasses. 

I can tell you that we really ended up regretting being in an aft suite. A longish walk to the Haven amenities, and the room was pretty beat up/dirty. It was also fairly obvious that we would have gotten better service (such as getting our luggage sooner, earlier room cleaning times) inside the Haven-adjacent area. (I say this because I saw the luggage outside deck 16 Haven-adjacent rooms long before ours turned up aft, and because rooms were regularly being cleaned on that floor when we went for breakfast, but ours wouldn’t be done till much later.)

Short version: my tip is to stay “inside” the Haven if you’re doing Haven. 

20 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

If you have the SDP, use a credit at either Wasabi or the Raw Bar and eat as many items as you want... (*With $7 up charge) Also, the themed lunch each day in Moderno was a welcome change from the regular items at the Garden Cafe...

that is interesting and something our daughter, who is traveling with us will enjoy. She is not a lover of cruising so I am looking at things that will interest her. She is only going and taking a good friend cause she is concerned about her old parents cruising alone. Why, I have no idea? 

Utilize the Water Front on deck 8.  It's the outside eating area for the specialty restaurants and during the day you can sit, relax and enjoy the view of the water.  My husband and I would sit on the shady side and it was pretty quiet.  The sunny side would get pretty busy.  

On 4/25/2019 at 7:03 PM, perditax said:

I can tell you that we really ended up regretting being in an aft suite. A longish walk to the Haven amenities, and the room was pretty beat up/dirty. It was also fairly obvious that we would have gotten better service (such as getting our luggage sooner, earlier room cleaning times) inside the Haven-adjacent area. (I say this because I saw the luggage outside deck 16 Haven-adjacent rooms long before ours turned up aft, and because rooms were regularly being cleaned on that floor when we went for breakfast, but ours wouldn’t be done till much later.)

Short version: my tip is to stay “inside” the Haven if you’re doing Haven. 

Well, this post has me a little concerned.  We booked a Haven aft facing suite on deck 12 because of the huge balcony, gorgeous bathroom, convenience of a 2nd bathroom, large sq footage in the room and that great aft view.  Hope our experience is better than yours.