Dolphin Swim

Shoppie124

I was reading on the Dolphin Discovery website about their refund policies.

Has anyone ever been rained out or their ship skipped the port that require a refund or credit?  My concern is I don't know when I'll be back if they issue me credit.

Has anyone just shown up and done it?

On 4/24/2019 at 3:23 PM, Shoppie124 said:

I was reading on the Dolphin Discovery website about their refund policies.

Has anyone ever been rained out or their ship skipped the port that require a refund or credit?  My concern is I don't know when I'll be back if they issue me credit.

Has anyone just shown up and done it?

The dolphins at these types of places are captive dolphins and some are not in the best shape. I think it's so sad to see these intelligent animals used in this way. 

• Like 1

I've been communicating with someone recently at Dolphin Discovery and asked this same question. He said they will refund 90%, which I thought was very reasonable. Of course if you book directly with the cruise line  you'll be refunded the entire cost, but I've been looking at going outside of a cruise excursion. 

On 4/26/2019 at 1:36 PM, maldenmusic said:

The dolphins at these types of places are captive dolphins and some are not in the best shape. I think it's so sad to see these intelligent animals used in this way. 

I agree. Doing a true open ocean dolphin swim would be a better way to go. I don't believe any tours offer this in Cozumel. If this is a bucket list item, may I suggest you try to find a vacation destination that offers this. We did one in New Zealand (although it turned into a seal swim because we couldn't find a pod that we were allowed to swim with; there are restrictions for age, species, etc.)

On 4/27/2019 at 4:45 PM, nascarcruiser said:

This was not  the question 

If someone posted on a forum they were looking for advice on how to rob a bank, you wouldn't expect people to make suggestions...you would expect people to try and dissuade them from doing it in the first place because of **insert appropriate reason**. For the OP, the reason being the animals are held against their will and tortured for human amusement. For robbing a bank, obviously that's illegal 😉

Edited by NovCruisin

On 5/3/2019 at 4:18 PM, NovCruisin said:

. For the OP, the reason being the animals are held against their will and tortured for human amusement. For robbing a bank, obviously that's illegal 😉

OML- Just like a poor poor dog that has to live in your tiny backyard or cooped up in your tiny house and never gets to run wild like its ancestors.  Or maybe your a great owner and walk it around on a leash?  Think of the dolphin as a pet that enjoys making the owner happy by doing tricks to which it is rewarded for..  I am not for animal cruelty in any form but watching these Dolphins play with a ball, ring, whatever and swimming, jumping together when no one is around doesn't strike me as a Dolphin that is feeling sorry for itself.   

8 hours ago, I082692 said:

OML- Just like a poor poor dog that has to live in your tiny backyard or cooped up in your tiny house and never gets to run wild like its ancestors.  Or maybe your a great owner and walk it around on a leash?  Think of the dolphin as a pet that enjoys making the owner happy by doing tricks to which it is rewarded for..  I am not for animal cruelty in any form but watching these Dolphins play with a ball, ring, whatever and swimming, jumping together when no one is around doesn't strike me as a Dolphin that is feeling sorry for itself.   

I actually don't have a dog because I think it's cruel to chain them up all day while I work. Soooo...yeah...🙄

Just because bored Dolphins may find companionship with the other captive Dolphins and pass time by playing doesn't mean it's not still wrong to keep the captive in the first place. That's a poor argument you have there...

I don't know about you but I definitely wouldn't want someone to lock me in a cage and tell me when and what to do and when to do it...we have something like that for humans, it's called prison and it's a form of punishment! 🤣 But 'sure' tell yourself the animals like being prisoners so you don't have to feel bad.