How to block a poster

11 minutes ago, 57redbird said:

Thank you!

This will only ignore the poster.  That is, you will not see that poster's posts.

However, if someone quote said poster, you'll see the quoted post.  And it won't stop them from seeing what you post.

If the poster is personally attacking you for your views or posts you can also hit the "report post" at the top right hand side of the post. The CC Administrator will review and it offensive enough the CC member can have post privileges revoked or suspended temporarily.

I agree with Essiesmom, just hover over my avatar and click "ignore user".

Personally, I use my own filter to avoid the twaddle, skip over the foolish posters and quit reading threads that are full of foolish posters.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

i cannot find the answer in here to my specific question - but when you ignore a user, I am also hoping this function may also block them from seeing me entirely as well, does it work this way, like completely blocking them?

On 4/24/2019 at 6:43 PM, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Click the little arrow by your name (look toward the upper-right corner), and under settings, click ignored users, and that will give you a place to insert the name of a user you want to ignore.

On 4/24/2019 at 7:01 PM, Shmoo here said:

This will only ignore the poster.  That is, you will not see that poster's posts.

However, if someone quote said poster, you'll see the quoted post.  And it won't stop them from seeing what you post.

Jonjen -- The answer to your question can be found in the two posts above. To put a finer point on it: there is no 'block' function on CC -- just the 'ignore' option.

Edited by wwcruisers
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, johnjen said:

i cannot find the answer in here to my specific question - but when you ignore a user, I am also hoping this function may also block them from seeing me entirely as well, does it work this way, like completely blocking them?

To prevent a user seeing your activity, do not post on this public website.

If your concern is due to stalker like behavior, an email to community@cruisecritic.com explaining the situation may be helpful.

• Thanks 1

• 4 years later...
7 minutes ago, purpleally said:

I’m guessing this doesn’t work on an iPad, just a computer/laptop

Yes it does. Go to the top of any page, click on the 3 lines at the top right. Select account, then ignored users. Add the user you want to ignore. 

17 hours ago, gnome12 said:

Yes it does. Go to the top of any page, click on the 3 lines at the top right. Select account, then ignored users. Add the user you want to ignore. 

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!