What's Up With This?

jvsnana

I got pretty upset with people reserving the thermal loungers on the Escape a couple of weeks ago. It's not a big deal to leave your stuff on one of the regular loungers in the back row away from the windows if you just want to drop it somewhere while going in the pool or the sauna for a few minutes, but those thermal loungers are prime real estate. If you aren't physically in the chair, then you should have no claim to it.

• Like 13

18 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

I got pretty upset with people reserving the thermal loungers on the Escape a couple of weeks ago. It's not a big deal to leave your stuff on one of the regular loungers in the back row away from the windows if you just want to drop it somewhere while going in the pool or the sauna for a few minutes, but those thermal loungers are prime real estate. If you aren't physically in the chair, then you should have no claim to it.

Yep...we are rule followers!

It was like this on the Bliss a couple weeks ago. 15 stone loungers and 3/4 of them had someone camped out on it without them even being around. I mean, it’s not like 1000 pool loungers. It was a lot of the same women every day. Blows my mind that with so few of them to use in the spa that people felt they could claim them for the day and disappear. 

18 minutes ago, dexddd said:

Glad you clarified.  I thought maybe your DH did that.

I forgot, are you sailing now?

DH gets frustrated with this...hence the photos:)

We board the Bliss on Sunday!

10 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

It was like this on the Bliss a couple weeks ago. 15 stone loungers and 3/4 of them had someone camped out on it without them even being around. I mean, it’s not like 1000 pool loungers. It was a lot of the same women every day. Blows my mind that with so few of them to use in the spa that people felt they could claim them for the day and disappear. 

Kind of like the "Bliss Lounge Sleepers" 😋

Ugh, this annoys me. The only time I have anything on those heated loungers is if my body is on them.

Otherwise, we use the regular padded loungers to keep our towel/books/bathrobe if we are in the pools/saunas as long as there isn't a lot of people where we'd be taking away from their enjoyment.

My SO and I go as far as to put our stuff all on one lounger if it's a tad busy (in hopes that the one next to it will open up when we are ready to relax!)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

same on the Dawn a few years ago. The spa area on the Dawn is very small. They are not thermal per se, but there are so few that you pay for the spa and then can hardly use the lounges because people leave and do not return but leave their towel and personal belongings on the lounge. I had one guy tell me he was saving 2 for the rest of his family. an hour later the family had not returned .

I don't know why people do not complain to one of the staff  and tell them you want to use a lounger and to please remove items from chairs that are not being used.  If this is done enough, the hogs will get the message.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, DKane said:

I don't know why people do not complain to one of the staff  and tell them you want to use a lounger and to please remove items from chairs that are not being used.  If this is done enough, the hogs will get the message.

We will try this on our Bliss cruise that leaves Sunday and report back how it goes.  My DH said he should do as the other above poster said and just remove the "stuff" himself, but since we are rule followers we will ask the staff to do their job ☺️ 

• Like 2

Unattended for 10 minutes?

Simple solution, pick up the belongings and turn into lost and found.

Thermal Spa passes already cost and arm and a leg as it is, this chair hogging should definitely not be tolerated in the spa.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Georgie562 said:

Unattended for 10 minutes?

Simple solution, pick up the belongings and turn into lost and found.

Thermal Spa passes already cost and arm and a leg as it is, this chair hogging should definitely not be tolerated in the spa.

I like this idea. It's been left for a period of time. Obviously the owner forgot to take it with them! 😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DKane said:

Replies to my complaints:
"They are on vacccysion maaamm, let them enjoy"

So am I working on the ship?
"Haaaaahaaa too funny maaammm, Have a nice day maaamm"

REALLY!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, DKane said:

See above post ....that is the reply I get many times from the staff.

It is my understanding that the spa staff work for Steiner, not NCL. A great reason to go to the meet and greet and ask the Hotel Director what to do about the hogs in the Thermal Spa AND what to do about the laconic non-responses from the staff. Ask to see the manager. Meanwhile, move the stuff and when (if!) the return, just point to the sign.

• Thanks 1

I moved towels off a heated lounger on the Jade last year.  The person who left them was in another part of the thermal suite, and there was a sign prominently displayed right in front of the lounger telling people not to leave their towels on the heated loungers.  I'm sure the woman wasn't happy, but she knew the rules and didn't complain to me about moving her towels.  

I made sure to also follow the rules and never reserved a heated lounger for myself and never stayed more than 30 minutes.  If you follow those rules, the loungers can be enjoyed by a lot more people each day.  

• Like 4