Sky aft explorers suite

vino100

We sailed in 3094 on the Sky in January of 2018, and I can tell you that it was a wonderful suite.  Being aft, the balconies are larger and the interior rooms are smaller than similar ES cabins in the front of the ship.  Where that seemed to be most noticeable was in the bedroom itself; the bed takes up the majority of space in that room.  It doesn’t feel cramped, it’s just noticeably got less open floor space to move around in than the living area.  The closet is huge, and there are a lot of additional drawers in the main living area, as well.  No way could we have used all of the provided storage - and I was traveling on this trip with my mother, so more total clothes and accessories than if it was my husband and me!  The bathroom is a treat. It has a great soaking tub with it’s own picture window, a separate shower, tons of storage, really just everything you could ask for.

The balcony wraps around, as you’ve probably seen in the pictures on the website.  I found we used the side towards the back much more often than the side “on the side”.  

We encountered some rough seas over about a 36-hour period, but the motion was very manageable.  No seasickness.  I think the use of the stabilizers as needed made a big difference.  

So, highly recommend.  What else can I tell you?

28 minutes ago, aungrl said:

The balcony wraps around, as you’ve probably seen in the pictures on the website.  I found we used the side towards the back much more often than the side “on the side”.  

We encountered some rough seas over about a 36-hour period, but the motion was very manageable.  No seasickness.  I think the use of the stabilizers as needed made a big difference.  

The stabalisers work to reduce the rolling from side to side. The rolling motion in fwd & aft cabins is virtually the same as m'ships cabins, but does increase with height.

When in cabins fwd or aft the potential issue is pitching, which is the bow and stern going up and down. This motion is not controlled by the stabalisers, but by the Captain adjusting course so the wind/swell is not ahead or following.

If in a significant seaway and the vessel is pitching, at the stern you may experience prop race, which is the props speeding up as they get closer to the surface. Conversely, when they go deep they dig in and slow down. Fortunately, doesn't happen too often these days.

• Like 1

On 4/25/2019 at 10:29 AM, aungrl said:

We sailed in 3094 on the Sky in January of 2018, and I can tell you that it was a wonderful suite.  Being aft, the balconies are larger and the interior rooms are smaller than similar ES cabins in the front of the ship.  Where that seemed to be most noticeable was in the bedroom itself; the bed takes up the majority of space in that room.  It doesn’t feel cramped, it’s just noticeably got less open floor space to move around in than the living area.  The closet is huge, and there are a lot of additional drawers in the main living area, as well.  No way could we have used all of the provided storage - and I was traveling on this trip with my mother, so more total clothes and accessories than if it was my husband and me!  The bathroom is a treat. It has a great soaking tub with it’s own picture window, a separate shower, tons of storage, really just everything you could ask for.

So, highly recommend.  What else can I tell you?

Thanks so much for the info. I just booked this cabin for next January. Can’t wait.