Does anyone else miss Bistro on 5?

evitacruiser

8 minutes ago, evitacruiser said:

It is several years since we sailed Celebrity and we really loved Bistro on 5 for lunch, but now it is Sushi on 5 which really doesn't appeal. Is it just us?

We ate at Bistro on 5 once. Never returned. Not a fan of sushi either. 

9 minutes ago, evitacruiser said:

It is several years since we sailed Celebrity and we really loved Bistro on 5 for lunch, but now it is Sushi on 5 which really doesn't appeal. Is it just us?

Yes, I miss Bistro on 5 but that ship has sailed.

• Like 2

We miss Bistro on 5..which was always our "go to" restaurant for embarkation days.  Not fans of the Sushi place .  In fact, we have never seen more then a few folks eating at the Sushi restaurant although I assume they do enough business to justify their keep.  

Hank

• Like 1

Just now, Hlitner said:

We miss Bistro on 5..which was always our "go to" restaurant for embarkation days.  Not fans of the Sushi place .  In fact, we have never seen more then a few folks eating at the Sushi restaurant although I assume they do enough business to justify their keep.  

Hank

We always went there too straight after boarding. Our kids loved it, and so did we. We always saw a lot of crew officers eating there too

• Like 1

While we enjoyed Bistro on 5 we made the adjustment to Sushi on 5.  While obviously the fish has been frozen -- there are no Celebrity crew members walking around with the job description of "Fisherman" on their name badges  -- there are still some appealing dishes.  And how full Sushi on 5 is really varies from sailing to sailing.  We are just off of a B2B2B on the Eclipse, and on the last leg, which was a Pacific Coastal, that place was really busy several times.  We had to wait to be seated.

2 hours ago, evitacruiser said:

We always ate thee when boarding the Eclipse. Some liked it, some didn't. We always enjoyed it. Sushi is usually pretty tame on any cruise ship.

Loved Bistro on 5 and really miss it as it was our go to as soon as we boarded on embarkation day for a lovely lunch to kick off our cruises.

The soups and crepes were consistently delicious every time we ate there.

Hate sushi, but on our cruise last month I decided to give the dumplings and the tempura shrimp noodle soup a try in Sushi on 5 and I’ll admit I really did enjoy it both times we decided to have lunch there.

• Like 1

We ate lunch there most days if we were not in port..

But as mentioned above...that ship sailed.

Sadly, on EDGE they are now about to kill the Grand Bistro menu for a 2x per cruise brunch... ( see Wonderman's poll)

Not us. We usually went to Bistro on 5 once per cruise just for the hell of it, but the creperie concept was played out before it even appeared on Celebrity, and the food was usually lackluster at best anyway. We much prefer the option of Sushi on 5 - while it's not a mind-blowing creative restaurant, the sushi is much better than what you can get elsewhere on board and the non-sushi offerings are very tasty. A big improvement over Bistro.

• Like 1

We don't do sushi...I think they have some cooked items we might try sometime.

The soups in B on 5 were amazing and the recipes were liberally shared!

It was never  crowded....which led to its downfall 

I never really cared for Bistro on 5. Ate there once and found it lackluster. It's reworked version on Edge, Le Grand Bistro, was another story though. Sadly that doesn't seem to be catching on either though. I have zero interest in Sushi on 5 as I don't eat sushi and their non-sushi keep getting reduced each time they modify the menu. Any cruises I've been on where Sushi on 5 has been present I only have ever seen staff eating there. I'm surprised it persists.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

I know I'm in the minority, but we loved Sushi on 5, at home we eat some form of sushi 2 or 3 times a week.   Obviously on ship it's not fresh like at home, but it's still nice.  Great specialty cocktails there as well 🙂

Enjoy sushi in moderation so love having it as an option on vacation. True, not fresh as home but still enjoyable. DH does not like sushi at all (got him to try it but it was a no-go!) but he did enjoy the Lobster Ramen. Looking forward to my next visit (with DS not DH 😂)

• Like 1

I started cruising X too late to try it, as Sushi on 5 had arrived.  I'm not really a sushi person, and would have liked Bo5 much better.  I feel like the Sushi concept that is nowhere near as popular as the amount of space and seating given to it.  It only needs to be a 10-12 seat sushi bar for the patronage it appears to receive.

• Like 1

That's a good idea..a small sushi counter style place...but I guess all the reno plans are set for M and S Class

Dh had fish allergies esp lobster so some seafood oriented venues are a no go...

Tried Bistro on 5 on 3 different ships and never walked away saying “that was good”.

i don’t eat seafood so no Sushi on 5 on my radar.

I was disappointed to read about the changes to the Le Grand Bistro, we didn’t have a chance to try it on our Edge Cruise.  Was looking forward to trying both breakfast and lunch there.

We never liked Bistro on 5 but we love sushi (just got back from the sushi bar a few minutes ago). However, as sushi goes, SO5 is pretty weak. They have some great cocktails and some of the appetizers and ramen are ok but the actual sushi is pretty poor compared to most decent land based sushi bars. I really do wish it was better and would go far more often if it was.

OMG yes.  I sorely miss it!  I love crepes and don't get them very often at home, and $5 for all you can eat was a great deal.  I also love sushi, but those a la carte prices are too much when there are so many better options on land.

Edited by LadyZoisite
fixed grammatical error
  • Like 1