Transfer from Celebrity to Travel Agent

overlake7

Is anyone else having problems transfering their booked cruise to a travel agent? I called my travel agent on April 1 to transfer booking. She has submitted the transfer form 2 times and gotten a response to allow 5 to 7 business days for the transfer. Calling Celebrity is no help, they say sales dept. handles all transfers I am within the 60 day transfer period. It has now been 25 days.

Edited by overlake7
Added sentence

Has the TA tried to contact the sales department?  The longest it has taken for our TA to get a transfer processed was about 2 weeks and that was over the Xmas and NY holiday when offices where closed some days and minimum staffing levels other days.

8 hours ago, overlake7 said:

Is anyone else having problems transfering their booked cruise to a travel agent? I called my travel agent on April 1 to transfer booking. She has submitted the transfer form 2 times and gotten a response to allow 5 to 7 business days for the transfer. Calling Celebrity is no help, they say sales dept. handles all transfers I am within the 60 day transfer period. It has now been 25 days.

Did you submit the online transfer form, as ghstudio advised?

That  is probably the easiest way to do it.

No need to bother calling anyone.

As long as you submit the form within the 60 day transfer period, you will be fine.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Twice_a_year said:

We have never experienced transferring a cruise booking to my travel agent.

Did you book the cruise directly with the travel agent?

If so, there is nothing to transfer.

The transfer is for passengers who book directly with the cruise line initially and then transfer the booking to a travel agent at a later date. 

Doing it that way gains you the advantage of extra time to compare offers from different travel agents before choosing the one that offers the best deal for that particular cruise.

Different travel agents are able to offer better deals for different cruises.

If you give your booking to a travel agent initially, you are locked in as it is difficult (and unpleasant) to try to change travel agents if you later find a much better deal available elsewhere.

When we transferred a few cruises from Celebrity to a big box TA, the TA emailed me the forms to sign and return back to her. She took care of the transfer from there. I had the confirmation within hours.

Edited by Marelaine

Pardon the stupid question but what are the benefits of transferring away from the actual cruise line? Is there any better service? Also if I don't have a personal TA how do I find a good one?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, clone1008 said:

Pardon the stupid question but what are the benefits of transferring away from the actual cruise line? Is there any better service? Also if I don't have a personal TA how do I find a good one?

Some transfer for extra OBC or other perks from the TA. A few years ago, we were assigned to a Celebrity vacation planner. He knows the Celebrity product inside and out and is very pleasant to deal with. I no longer transfer my cruises to the big box TAs. 

2 hours ago, clone1008 said:

I think it depends on the travel agent. We  once transferred our direct booking with HAL to a local travel agent and got...nothing. No OBC, not even a cheap bottle of wine. I told my husband that was pointless, as the cruise line wouldn't/couldn't deal with me directly after the transfer. That was frustrating when a dining time issue occurred. I didn't like going through someone else to address things. So it probably pays to shop around for a travel agent that will make it worth your while to transfer the booking. 

Edited by bermadu22
correct a typo

Thanks for all the replies. I finally called Captain's club and a very polite agent named Bree called someone in the sales department and my reservation was finally transfered 2 day later. In total it took one month for the transfer. The reason for the transfer was that  I will receive $250 OBC from the travel agent.

19 hours ago, clone1008 said:

I have tried to answer your private message, but am unable to respond. If you tell me how to send a message, I'll follow up.

5 hours ago, Marelaine said:

I have tried to answer your private message, but am unable to respond. If you tell me how to send a message, I'll follow up.

Marelaine,

After a little research I found out that Private Messaging is not active on CruiseCritic. You can email me at cruisemail1008@gmail dot com