Big Bus Combo Shuttle to Butchart Gardens pick up point

We are going to be in Victoria in May 2019 and thinking of purchasing the Hop On Hop Off combo ticket with transportation to Butchart Gardens. Is the pick up point near the Empress Hotel and do they have pick up at the cruise port?

The Big Bus ho-ho does have a stop at Ogden Point on their downtown route, but the Butchart Gardens bus only leaves from their base stop.

With these plans, I hope you are in Victoria for a full day and not an evening stop prior to returning to Seattle.

As Heidi13 stated timings for your port visit are very important if you are going to Butchart Gardens outside of a ship tour.  It's not a problem at all if you have a full day in port.  Not such a good idea if you only have 4 or 5 hours.  Doing the rounding math of transportation budget--- 1 hour to get there, 2 hours to be there, 1 hour to get back.  That's if you're focusing from the minute your feet hit the concrete.   All day visits such as the Ruby Princess on May 9th who is in port from 0900 to 2359are not a  problem. 

I'm not certain about where the Big Bus shuttle to Butchart leaves from but the welcome centre for Big Bus is 1/2 a block past the Empress on Government St. They or any other bus driver will let you know.  Just keep walking past the Empress and keep the construction on your left and you will be there on the other side of the street from the construction.

We will be there from 9:00 until 2.  The first CVS bus leaves at 9:00.  I would really like to be there when it opens but my options are limited.  The CVS bus stops at the butterfly garden, wasted precious time in my opinion, so the ride these is over 40 minutes long.  The bus leaves at noon and 1:00.  Coming back on 1:00 bus would be cutting it was to close.  That would give us about 2 hours inside the gardens.  Are there any other options to get to the gardens quicker?  TIA

Taxi - it's your fastest method as no waiting for a scheduled bus or even getting to a rental car office and filling out paperwork.

Ballpark $60 each way - so split among 4 people it's also slightly cheaper than the CVS bus...

3 hours ago, Anyislandwilldo said:

We will be there from 9:00 until 2.  The first CVS bus leaves at 9:00.  I would really like to be there when it opens but my options are limited.  The CVS bus stops at the butterfly garden, wasted precious time in my opinion, so the ride these is over 40 minutes long.  The bus leaves at noon and 1:00.  Coming back on 1:00 bus would be cutting it was to close.  That would give us about 2 hours inside the gardens.  Are there any other options to get to the gardens quicker?  TIA

With your time restriction I would certainly take the taxi method.  With 4 it is still much cheaper than the ship's tour per person.  And 60 Canadian dollars is about the right amount plus minus - each way.  So that's only 45 US (ish).  Getting to Butchart prior to 11 AM is highly recommended as the lunch hour time frame is the busiest of the day outside of a summer Fireworks show.  2 hours is enough to do the Gardens unless you are the type to cover every inch and loiter at flower displays or spend time in restaurant and gift shop.  I would pre-arrange the return cab ride also to be safe.   And not leave the Gardens later than 1230 for an onboard time of 1330.