Vibe pass fraud

mrobstad

I’m a platinum Latitudes member who recently traveled on the Bliss.  I arrived at port at 8 am and went to the preferred boarding area in order to be first on the ship to buy a Vibe pass. It appeared disabled cruisers and their large families boarded beforehand, and then I boarded and headed right to the area to buy a Vibe pass.  Unfortunately, the passes were sold out. 

I wrote and complained and received a curt reply stating passes were first come, first serve.

Last week, I spoke to a Bliss passenger I had met years ago.  He was “comped “ the cruise for two (he gambles) and he told NCL he would only go on the free cruise if they held two Vibe passes for him in Guest Relations.  NCL complied. 

Ive cruised NCL over ten times, typically as a solo paying 150%, and paid for all my cruises, followed all the correct procedures that should have insured I was able to buy a Vibe pass, but NCL fraudulently holds passes for preferred guests, so I’m done with NCL .  

• Haha 1

Did you board before or after Haven guests boarded?

5 minutes ago, mrobstad said:

...followed all the correct procedures that should have insured I was able to buy a Vibe pass...

What you did increased your chances. Arriving early isn't a guarantee of success. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, mrobstad said:

Haven cruisers wouldn’t need a Vibe pass since they have their own private pool area. 

What a Haven guest "wants" may be what you don't believe that they "need". If a Haven guest wants a VIBE pass, a Haven guest will buy one. Even the concierge usually holds a few passes for later arriving Haven guests. 

Edited by Two Wheels Only
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, mrobstad said:

I’m a platinum Latitudes member who recently traveled on the Bliss.  I arrived at port at 8 am and went to the preferred boarding area in order to be first on the ship to buy a Vibe pass. It appeared disabled cruisers and their large families boarded beforehand, and then I boarded and headed right to the area to buy a Vibe pass.  Unfortunately, the passes were sold out. 

I wrote and complained and received a curt reply stating passes were first come, first serve.

Last week, I spoke to a Bliss passenger I had met years ago.  He was “comped “ the cruise for two (he gambles) and he told NCL he would only go on the free cruise if they held two Vibe passes for him in Guest Relations.  NCL complied. 

Ive cruised NCL over ten times, typically as a solo paying 150%, and paid for all my cruises, followed all the correct procedures that should have insured I was able to buy a Vibe pass, but NCL fraudulently holds passes for preferred guests, so I’m done with NCL .  

Trust me a gambler is paying more then your 150% solo rate though I do not see why you would pay that since all the ships that have Vibe also have studio cabins.

BTW holding Vibe passes for VIP passengers is not fraud. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, mrobstad said:

Whilst you may not be a high-roller, you are a frequent repeat customer.

I see no reason why you shouldn't do the same as that gambler, and tell NCL that you'll book only if they held a vibe pass for you.

Might work, probably not - but if you're sincere that you're "done with NCL"  you have nothing to lose. :classic_smile:

JB :classic_smile:

• Like 1

It may be frustrating and unfair in some ways as to who gets access first but it isn't fraud. There are about 70-100 passes available on a ship of thousands ... if you aren't in the first or possibly second boarding group, you can pretty much count on not getting one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrobstad said:

Haven cruisers wouldn’t need a Vibe pass since they have their own private pool area. 

Haven has kids, Vibe doesn't ! So yes Haven people buy Vibe passes for peace and quiet!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

Spice H2O, however for Haven people Vibe makes a lot of sense and is much closer. 

...plus since it is limited, VIBE isn't as crowded as Spice H2O.

It's just an option that some prefer.

Another adult-only option is the Spa for roughly the same price.

Edited by Two Wheels Only
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mrobstad said:

What a shame you will no longer be sailing with NCL.  You'll be sorely missed.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, JimmyBuffet99 said:

I have never sailed NCL (first in November) but after a lot of research I cannot for the life of me understand why this pass is worth $200 pp

i don’t think you are missing out on much 

It is not worth it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mrobstad said:

Lots of Haven guests get vibe passes. And the Haven sundeck is 3” away from the vibe (just a metal partition between the two sundecks). 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, John Bull said:

Whilst you may not be a high-roller, you are a frequent repeat customer.

I see no reason why you shouldn't do the same as that gambler, and tell NCL that you'll book only if they held a vibe pass for you.

Might work, probably not - but if you're sincere that you're "done with NCL"  you have nothing to lose. :classic_smile:

JB :classic_smile:

I agree.  I will try that before I write them off.  I did beg my PCC to hold one for me and she said it’s never done.  Now I know better.  I just hate being lied to.  

4 minutes ago, mrobstad said:

I agree.  I will try that before I write them off.  I did beg my PCC to hold one for me and she said it’s never done.  Now I know better.  I just hate being lied to.  

Maybe the PCC honestly believed that holding a pass for you couldn't be done. It may not have been a lie.

It's also possible that the "gambler" lied to you just to make himself seem more important. 

With the recent price increase in VIBE passes, demand seems to be lower which would make it easier for you to get a pass next time even if none is held for you. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, mrobstad said:

Studios are at least, if not more, 150% of interior rates.

No, they are often a small premium over insides and I have often purchased studios for less than the cost of insides. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, beerman2 said:

Haven has kids, Vibe doesn't ! So yes Haven people buy Vibe passes for peace and quiet!

True there are kids , however the kids can't go on the Haven sundeck.  Its for adults and I think age 16 and up.