How long to allow for my time dining and still make shows

Bsmeme

Without feeling rushed at all we’ve always found when doing MTD we can be finished if necessary in an hour maybe a little longer.

If you tell your servers that you have a show starting at a certain time they will ensure you are served quickly.

I cannot imagine  that you should have any issues at all.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

I cannot imagine  that you should have any issues at all.

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer. Most of our shows are at 8:30, but we do have one that is at 8:00. The earliest we could make reservations for my time dining was 6:30 and I was worried we would miss the shows. I feel much better now. 

You should be fine. Just let your server know what time your show is. You can always go to dinner a little early if you feel you will need more time. On Allure we went to dinner a little early one night and a little late another night. We were seated when we arrived and had the same wait staff every night. We also canceled our reservations one night because of an activity we wanted to do. We went to the dining room when we were done and were still able to be seated right away with our regular wsit staff. I hope this helps!

• Like 1

I guess I have never done MTD always the set times and specialty. They always take right at 2 hours. If all your shows are at 830, you are perfectly fine. The 8 may be tight but you can always skip dessert. The shows only hold your reservations up to 15 min before show. And the ice and aqua shows really fill up fast on seats. so give yourself time on the ice shows so you do not miss out.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bsmeme said:

I have my time dining on Harmony of the Seas and made reservations for 6:30 each night. Should that be enough time to make it to a show that starts at 8:00?

We very rarely have a desert or coffee in MTD so we can be finished dining in just over 1 hour.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bsmeme said:

I have my time dining on Harmony of the Seas and made reservations for 6:30 each night. Should that be enough time to make it to a show that starts at 8:00?

The time it takes to eat in the MDR is highly dependent on the size of your party.  A party of two can be done in 60 minutes, sometimes less.  A party of 10 will take longer.

• Like 1

As others have said, less courses take less time. If you find you are running behind schedule, just skip dessert. 

You can actually leave the dining room at any time with no warning and no one will stop you.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Crunchymom said:

Are you on your cruise now? If not, how do you know what time the shows are?

No. My cruise is August 4. Yesterday the show times were on my cruise planner so I was able to make reservations for the shows and dinner times. 

15 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

The time it takes to eat in the MDR is highly dependent on the size of your party.  A party of two can be done in 60 minutes, sometimes less.  A party of 10 will take longer.

We have noticed that the servers we’ve had like to have all their patrons on the same course, at the same time. We are always there on time and they seem to wait until a majority are there until they take the orders and all the courses are served the same way. We normally only have three courses, appetizer or soup, entree, and dessert and it normally takes 1 1/2 hours. If we tell them we are in a hurry it might be shortened by 15 minutes or so.

Last time we were in the Coastal Kitchen and it was an hour, or less, without saying a word.

• Like 1