New suite configuration after stretch

Kate-AHF

Just curious what the reaction is to the "bed by the window or balcony" configuration that the new cabins will have after the stretch on the triplets.  We had a long discussion when booking a cabin on the Legend next year.  Here are our pros and cons:

Plus: Walk into a much more open and inviting space.  Bathroom and closet entrances much less crowded. With the mid-cabin drapes closed, early morning room service delivery blocked from bed.  No longer would one spouse have to hide under the covers while the room service waiter walks past the bed.  No more doing the "triplets roll" over the bed to get to the living area while the spouse is at the table at the foot of the bed.

Minus:  Beds are for sleeping, not viewing the ocean.  When we are awake and in the cabin, we are in the living area.  We love to sit on the couch with a glass of wine and look out the glass doors to the ocean, not look out over the bed to the doors.  And if you are having room service breakfast, looking out over an un-made bed to the glass doors.  Despite all the pros, that pretty much did it for us.  We chose the old cabin layout.

What do you all think?

1 hour ago, Kate-AHF said:

Just curious what the reaction is to the "bed by the window or balcony" configuration that the new cabins will have after the stretch on the triplets.  We had a long discussion when booking a cabin on the Legend next year.  Here are our pros and cons:

Plus: Walk into a much more open and inviting space.  Bathroom and closet entrances much less crowded. With the mid-cabin drapes closed, early morning room service delivery blocked from bed.  No longer would one spouse have to hide under the covers while the room service waiter walks past the bed.  No more doing the "triplets roll" over the bed to get to the living area while the spouse is at the table at the foot of the bed.

Minus:  Beds are for sleeping, not viewing the ocean.  When we are awake and in the cabin, we are in the living area.  We love to sit on the couch with a glass of wine and look out the glass doors to the ocean, not look out over the bed to the doors.  And if you are having room service breakfast, looking out over an un-made bed to the glass doors.  Despite all the pros, that pretty much did it for us.  We chose the old cabin layout.

What do you all think?

Agree.  We rarely do room service.  Love sitting by window or balcony.  Like being near bathroom during the night.

Didn't even know there would be mid-cabin curtains – and chose the new design anyway for all the reasons listed above as Pros.  DW gets up early and orders room service – she felt this would make it easier when the delivery comes and while she is getting dressed (clothes are near the bathroom).

We also prefer that the new cabins have a large shower rather than a bathtub.  Would prefer more counter space rather than two large trough sinks – but maybe we'll just use one of the sinks to store stuff that can get wet (like shampoo and other things in bottles).

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Didn't even know there would be mid-cabin curtains – and chose the new design anyway for all the reasons listed above as Pros.  DW gets up early and orders room service – she felt this would make it easier when the delivery comes and while she is getting dressed (clothes are near the bathroom).

We also prefer that the new cabins have a large shower rather than a bathtub.  Would prefer more counter space rather than two large trough sinks – but maybe we'll just use one of the sinks to store stuff that can get wet (like shampoo and other things in bottles).

I just assumed there would still be curtains but don’t know that for fact. We don’t tend to do room service unless we are both up for an early excursion. If one is up they just go up to the yacht club for coffee and then we meet up from breakfast. 

I think the bed by the window started with the river boat cruises and some advertising.  Not having the bed almost up against the bathroom door is a plus but I love sitting on the sofa or chair, reading and being able to look out so would prefer the current configuration.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2019 at 2:00 PM, 2LoveToTravel said:

Agreed, SB44. I think we will opt for relaxing on the couch and having the option to look out. Wonder if those rooms will be redone....

I wonder too.  That pickled wood has been there since the first christening of all three ships.  Not that I'm complaining.  If they keep it it's fine with me.

Just off Star Breeze where we experienced the worst seas ever.  We had several really rough days. We were stuck in Porto to avoid a storm. We skipped 2 ports. When we finally left Porto, it was 3 am. Everyone woke up. The ship sailed into very rough seas.  Could not stand up. I tried and fell back into bed.  To get to the bathroom,my husband rolled across the bed. He could not walk around the bed. We had to grab onto the doors and furniture to move.  on the new stretched star ships, the bed will be near the window. Not a great move.  If our bed had been near the window instead of the bathroom, we would have had to crawl to get to the bathroom.