Ruby r750/751

figment_nh

We are thinking about booking one of these cabins for am upcoming cruise and have been unable to find any good pictures of the balcony area. Our biggest concern is there is little or no cover in the event of foul weather, rendering the balcony unusable - like the aft cabin we had on the Regal Princess.Has anyone sailed in either of these cabins that could offer pictures or insight? 

Thanks,

Rob

We were in B748, corner balcony, 2 decks below. The balcony is fully covered and very little wind. Other than the wake noise, it was usually very quiet with no noise from above as the wake noise is a background white noise.We went to the MR on the Ruby and the aft ride coming back north was a tad bumpy. If you are going to Alaska, the ride may be smoother, I think. Very few strays wandering the halls that far back. Realize that anywhere you go will be a hike except the buffet and the Terrace pool. Alaskan views from these cabins should be phenomenal! I think that I would like to see Alaska from one of these cabins.

Hope this helps. 

Rob- After seeing this video, I see what you mean. It would appear that these 4 cabins have no cover. Look closely during the start of the video, there is a panning shot of the stern of the Ruby, and I don't see cover for those 4 cabins.

The cover on R750/751 is partial, perhaps 1/2?  Enough to cover a chair, depending on what sort of weather and the direction of the wind.  If you are underway, the ship and it’s forward motion tend to block anything except a very strong tailwind.

Pictures are available on Cruise Deck Plans public site.  The following thread has several pictures from the balcony view as well as looking down on it. 

There is the possibility of someone on the Terrace above looking down on part of your balcony, but it does require them to wedge into the corner, twist to the side and then look down.  More discussion of how intrusive or not that may be can be found here:

Edited by cherylandtk