Silversea Bag

sassycruiseher

You can get one this nifty Silversea High Sierra backpacks if

58978315_379558059310496_4254163212607422464_n.thumb.jpg.78a61e4fcbb4dcca566c19d8b904bbda.jpg

you are booked in a Grand Suite or higher.   Or, if a fellow Silversea guest (Thanks Dougburns gifts you one) or if one of the Silversea General Managers gifts you one (Thanks Daniel Ilias) Or if your Travel Agent provides you VIP service when on board 

Finally, if you book a Silversea  expedition cruise, you are provided a lightweight and water-resistant back pack to help keep your personal items dry when getting in and out of the Zodiacs during landings.  Look forward to getting one of these backpacks, when boarding the Cloud Expedition in June.

I use this Silversea backpack from the moment we leave home to the time we arrive back home on every cruise.  This backpack is very useful to carry with me from the time I leave the suite early morning until dinner.  I keep sunblock, sunglasses, and a light coat inside for the times the air conditioning has chilled La Terraza or other SS dining venues for lunch.  And as you mention this backpack is a must when going on excursions (carries our excursion tickets, suite card, Iphone, water, towel)

Edited by WesW
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, WesW said:

You can get one this nifty Silversea High Sierra backpacks if you are booked in a Grand Suite or higher.   Or, if a fellow Silversea guest (Thanks Dougburns gifts you one) or if one of the Silversea General Managers gifts you one (Thanks Daniel Ilias) Or if your Travel Agent provides you VIP service when on board.

There you go sassycruiseher!  It seems there are lots and lots of ways for you to get a backpack on the classic fleet.  😁

Yes, Daveywavey for VIP status among other items as I remember from earlier this month, you will get the backpack, complimentary laundry, pressing,  and wet cleaning, there is also a nice bottle of brut rose champagne on ice when u enter your suite on embarkation day (forget the vintner).

Hope you have a terrific cruise.

Edited by WesW
  • Like 1

All pax on Silversea are VIPs (ask your butler). 😉 If there's a 'bag' on board it will appear in your suite.

Butler -

"Mr. William, is there anything I can do for you?"

Mr. William -

"Yes. GO AWAY!!!... and quit knocking on my door 45 seconds after I enter my room and take my pants off. If I want something, I am capable of using the phone... or, I'll leave a note. Thank you. Bye bye."

(Slams door)

• Like 1

Many thanks Wes,

they mentioned upgraded champagne in the suite on arrival (if its a rose that's probably LP) daily canapés in suite, Dinner with a senior officer, free laundry, and one meal at no charge in la Dame. No mention of a bag though 🙂 Personally id rather have the bag than eat with the staff (only kidding).

Bill, hehe. I think we share a similar approach to butlers. We find using the term low maintenance when we meet them works quite well. 

My butler was great (they just have to be trained properly). She was Chinese... and a little 'taken aback' (as were my German neighbors) when the laowai started conversing with her in Putonghua. :classic_ohmy:

On 4/27/2019 at 3:04 PM, WesW said:

You can get one this nifty Silversea High Sierra backpacks if you are booked in a Grand Suite or higher.   Or, if a fellow Silversea guest (Thanks Dougburns gifts you one) or if one of the Silversea General Managers gifts you one (Thanks Daniel Ilias) Or if your Travel Agent provides you VIP service when on board 

I use this Silversea backpack from the moment we leave home to the time we arrive back home on every cruise.  This backpack is very useful to carry with me from the time I leave the suite early morning until dinner.  I keep sunblock, sunglasses, and a light coat inside for the times the air conditioning has chilled La Terraza or other SS dining venues for lunch.  And as you mention this backpack is a must when going on excursions (carries our excursion tickets, suite card, Iphone, water, towel)

Id introduced 2 guests to SS on this cruise (in a midship veranda through your agent) and was very surprised to see they had been given them.. I’m lucky enough to have 4 of them from previous curious and they get used a lot as camera bags and we always bring a pair of them on with us. None for us this time.... and I’d expect they’d be about 4000 points to gain one on the Triv competition. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, WesW said:

Hi Les, good for your guest friends.  We love our SS backpacks, and carry them everywhere on board, even when were

on board a Regent ship 🙂

Haha.... I bet they loved that!

i’m guessing the packs were courtesy of your agent? No other reason I can think of.

• Like 1

Les, am guessing your friends got the VIP treatment complements of their TA.  If so not only did they get the SS backpack, the got a nice bottle of Brut Rose Champagne (Laurent-Perrier), unlimited laundry and wet cleaning, et. al.

Edited by WesW

48 minutes ago, WesW said:

Les, am guessing your friends got the VIP treatment complements of their TA.  If so not only did they get the SS backpack, the got a nice bottle of Brut Rose Champagne (Laurent-Perrier), unlimited laundry and wet cleaning, et. al.

Sounds great! I will ask. I know when I’ve stayed in the grand suite laundry including dry cleaning was free. 

Certainly not something I’ve received in 738! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Silver Spectre said:

At one point you needed 350 days to get the bag. Obviously things have deteriorated badly in the last couple of years!

😄😄😄

Geesh!  It took me over a decade to earn (pay) for free laundry.  Maybe by the time I hit my 90's I'll have earned a "free" backpack.  😉

• Like 2

On 4/27/2019 at 8:51 PM, Bill B said:

All pax on Silversea are VIPs (ask your butler). 😉 If there's a 'bag' on board it will appear in your suite.

Butler -

"Mr. William, is there anything I can do for you?"

Mr. William -

"Yes. GO AWAY!!!... and quit knocking on my door 45 seconds after I enter my room and take my pants off. If I want something, I am capable of using the phone... or, I'll leave a note. Thank you. Bye bye."

(Slams door)

That was our unfortunate experience with our butler on Silversea.  No amount of saying "Please don't knock on the door before dinnertime asking if we need anything" worked.  Our travel companions loved this however.

4 minutes ago, philw1776 said:

That was our unfortunate experience with our butler on Silversea.  No amount of saying "Please don't knock on the door before dinnertime asking if we need anything" worked.

Philw1776, did you have your Do Not Disturb sign on your door?

3 hours ago, philw1776 said:

Instructions should suffice.  

😄😄😄 Sure they should.  But, obviously they didn't.  Next time I'd encourage you to give the old "Do Not Disturb" sign a try to save yourself A LOT of aggravation.  I find it works like a charm and saves my breath all at the same time.