Tram on private island

Mom33

1 hour ago, Mom33 said:

First time on Disney coming up and I have a question about the pier at the private island. Does the Tram pick up near the ship or at the end of the pier on the island. Thank you.😎

The tram loading station closest to the dock is indicated by the arrow (upper left, building with cupola on it)

951885873_dock2008tramloading.thumb.jpg.bf37e526b27ab2c9974b725d3ab5bebc.jpg

6 minutes ago, Mom33 said:

A picture is worth a thousand words. Thank you so much. Two members in our family have mobility issues and it will help- them to decide whether to stay on the ship at this port.

If you contact special services at DCL, I believe they can help set up a golf cart transport directly from the ship.

On 4/27/2019 at 6:22 PM, Shmoo here said:

If you contact special services at DCL, I believe they can help set up a golf cart transport directly from the ship.

This is definitely true. I just got off the Magic on Sunday. We were traveling for my parents' 60th wedding anniversary.  I called Disney beforehand to inquire about it and to have it marked on our reservation (although I am not sure it this was necessary or not).   The morning of our Castaway Cay day, we called down to Guest Services and were told they would make sure that a golf cart was called and would take all of us together. We just had to let them know when we were ready to head ashore.  We did that and when we got off the ship we had to wait a little bit, but sure enough a golf cart came and picked us up. It took us all the way to Serenity Bay. When we were done for the day, we went to the beach rentals booth there and they called for the golf cart to pick us up. If it were not for the golf cart, there was no way my parents could have gotten off the ship. The first tram spot was too far to walk to, which we unfortunately learned from a previous experience. I am so grateful how helpful guest services was in arranging the golf cart this time as it allowed my parents to enjoy the day at Castaway Cay. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/27/2019 at 6:22 PM, Shmoo here said:

Thank you so much for this info. We did follow your suggestion and it made our day!

The passenger services desk called the taxi cart for us when we were ready and the ride was right outside the ship when we exited the ship. It took us directly to the beach and picked us up at the info booth by the tram when we were ready to go back to the ship.🤗

• Like 1