Equinox Revolution

Islandbuoy

I'm sure they will sail to Bahamas on the way to Spain and pick up materials and workers to utilize the time at sea to do what they can without heavy equipment or having the ship out of water.  Probably the same on the way back.  I'm sure the priorities are going to be on getting the new cabins installed (not just suites) as well as the Retreat Sundeck.

I don't agree that there wasn't a lift in pricing.  I remember looking up cruises before and after and there was a slight difference like $200.

I guess it's for reasons like this that Celebrity never gives much information about what's going to be done during these refits until the first one is done.

Once it was decided that the ship would have to go to Spain for the Revolution, I am sure they started shipping the supplies gathered at Freeport to Spain...Plane, cargo ship...  And I would bet they stop at Freeport before heading for Spain to load the stuff that can be worked on during the transit.  EM

• Like 1

I hope they do NOT get around to "refreshing" the Sky suites, as all reports and photos on other threads look very much worse to me than the current layout.  We have our first suite on EQ in July. Don't care one way or the other about the Retreat deck unless they decide to provide some shade there. I agree with several others that EQ looks great as she is!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I'm sure they will sail to Bahamas on the way to Spain and pick up materials and workers to utilize the time at sea to do what they can without heavy equipment or having the ship out of water.  Probably the same on the way back.  I'm sure the priorities are going to be on getting the new cabins installed (not just suites) as well as the Retreat Sundeck.

I don't agree that there wasn't a lift in pricing.  I remember looking up cruises before and after and there was a slight difference like $200.

I guess it's for reasons like this that Celebrity never gives much information about what's going to be done during these refits until the first one is done.

Except they kind of have given a lot of information with videos and other things on their site.

It baffles me how they decide which ship will be done when. As many have said, the Equinox still looks great, which I totally agree with. We are going in March and I’m good whether it’s redone or not. The Infinity, on the other hand, is much older than the Equinox yet isn’t getting its refit until late 2020. I have read that it looks very tired. We are sailing in October so I will see then,  but still curious how they come up with their schedule 

6 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

It baffles me how they decide which ship will be done when. As many have said, the Equinox still looks great, which I totally agree with. We are going in March and I’m good whether it’s redone or not. The Infinity, on the other hand, is much older than the Equinox yet isn’t getting its refit until late 2020. I have read that it looks very tired. We are sailing in October so I will see then,  but still curious how they come up with their schedule 

Was on the Infinity in December for our first ever cruise and the public areas were mostly fine, but it definitely needs some touchup. 

The Equinox seems to be one of Celebrity's most popular ships. I can see why if it's working the Caribbean right now they would refit it sooner than later. I will be on for the first time in September, so really looking forward to it.

49 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

The Revolution schedule syncs with their required 5 year dry docks. Equinox hasn't had it since 2014. Infinity was in 2015. They have to minimize the time the ship is out of service, juggle itineraries, access to dock facilities, etc. it makes perfect sense. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've been tracking inventory on the June 8 and June 15 sailing. Inventory has been high for both sailings. I haven't tracked inventory for June 1st, but I suspect it's reasonably high also. Assuming the above info about Spain is factual, it would not surprise me if the first few sailings post dry-dock were canceled as they aren't selling well anyway. Canceling isn't unheard of in this situation, as I believe Oasis canceled several sailings. I

If I were on the June 1 or 8 sailing, I'd want to start putting a back up plan in place for a just in case scenario. No one knows the outcome, but IMO it's better to be prepared than caught completely off guard.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Briggs99 said:

Yes my thoughts as well.   We are on the June 8th sailing. I am going to wait and see but I’m prepping for a cancellation.

Prices on the September 7 sailing are very good right now..... It's a 6 day, but I think the rates are very attractive.

• Like 1

I have a fantastic senior rate in a RS on our November sailing.  I was watching prices and called when I saw a reduction.  Their system was down and by the time I spoke with someone the price dropped even more.  Lasted about 8 hours but we got it. There are still good prices on this sailing. Hope the Revolution comes off with out a glitch and those on the 1st sailings are not impacted.

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU

If Celebrity cancels?!?! 

What happens to people's airfares, hotels, car rentals, etc? (that are non-refundable and not usable?!?!)

Does Celebrity compensate in any manner? 

I'm on the 6/29 sailing of Equinox......how concerned should we be?!?!!?

Edited by CPCruiser4Life
left some info out.

We're on the June 1 sailing, booked in part because of the ship being revolutionized.  Although since it's our first cruise on X, I guess we wouldn't know the difference.  Disappointing nonetheless.

I've been following the prices for the June 1 cruise and they've actually increased for several categories.  We booked at the end of October under the Go Best promo and the price for the veranda categories has never dropped below what we paid for the same Go Best package--the closest it got was $200 more PP than we paid.

1 hour ago, CPCruiser4Life said:

If Celebrity cancels?!?! 

What happens to people's airfares, hotels, car rentals, etc? (that are non-refundable and not usable?!?!)

This is why we buy insurance.  If people don't, well, that is unfortunately on them.  In our case, our tickets are with Southwest so I think we can exchange them for another flight within a year.

IMO it's probably only the first two cruises that have any chance of being impacted.

1 hour ago, CPCruiser4Life said:

If Celebrity cancels?!?! 

A few years ago our cruise on the Summit was cancelled due to mechanical issues 10 day before sailing.  They only gave us up to $400 per cabin for airfare changes and 25% of what we had paid to be used on a different cruise.  There weren't many options at that point so we ended up with a cruise which cost quite a bit more and we weren't as excited about.  Hopefully your cruise will not be cancelled.

If the ship does make a quick trip to Spain, it will be interesting to see when they take the ship out of service to complete the rest of the Revolution. With the dry dock requirement, Reflection isn't due for uodates until 2023. Equinox could potentially go from being first to last. 

If Celebrity had half a brain, they would see the concerns that people have here and respond either here or publish a notice on their website.  Bahamas or Spain; cancelations of sailings or not; what restaurants will remain or not.  I still don't know if my reservation for Silk Harvest will be canceled or not.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

If I were on the June 1 or 8 sailing, I'd want to start putting a back up plan in place for a just in case scenario. No one knows the outcome, but IMO it's better to be prepared than caught completely off guard.

We are on the June 1 sailing and have a backup plan if our sailing is canceled. We plan on making a last minute booking on the Caribbean Princess. Either way, I will be happy with what we end up with.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Greenymac said:

Whoa wait, so they're going to do half the job??? That makes NO sense... We are on in September and hoped everything would be good to go.

Heck I'm on the June 1st Sailing - I just hope a ship shows up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hiccups said:

We're on the June 1 sailing, booked in part because of the ship being revolutionized.  Although since it's our first cruise on X, I guess we wouldn't know the difference.  Disappointing nonetheless.

I've been following the prices for the June 1 cruise and they've actually increased for several categories.  We booked at the end of October under the Go Best promo and the price for the veranda categories has never dropped below what we paid for the same Go Best package--the closest it got was $200 more PP than we paid.

On the same cruise, haven't heard squat.  Actually since we first booked the price of a Verandah has gone lower, but it didn't come with as many perks or the best deal.  Hey if they sail on 6/1 with a 1/4 complete ship, wonder if we'll all get a few perks out of the deal...likely not, but one can hope.