Equinox Revolution

Islandbuoy

54 minutes ago, nicknack said:

If Celebrity had half a brain, they would see the concerns that people have here and respond either here or publish a notice on their website.  Bahamas or Spain; cancelations of sailings or not; what restaurants will remain or not.  I still don't know if my reservation for Silk Harvest will be canceled or not.

I tweeted at them about the word on here (didn't mention CC...just "word from some just off is..."). We'll see if social media gets any attention.

1 hour ago, paulh84 said:

If the ship does make a quick trip to Spain, it will be interesting to see when they take the ship out of service to complete the rest of the Revolution. With the dry dock requirement, Reflection isn't due for uodates until 2023. Equinox could potentially go from being first to last. 

It has to go into the regularly scheduled 5 year drydock, Certain mandatory maintenance must be done. But they coul skip the "revolution" part.

Wouldn't bother us, sailed on her 6 times and like it just the way she is.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Generally if they cancel they will pay in $200 for flight change fees.  And possibly some small OBC if you book another cruise.

From personal previous experience with a cruise cancelled by Celebrity ,

i received way more than a small OBC for a future cruise. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I tweeted at them about the word on here (didn't mention CC...just "word from some just off is..."). We'll see if social media gets any attention.

I've posted on the Equinox Facebook page about it... Got tons of responses

• Like 1

We are booked back to back with 3 cabins on the June 8 sailing and 2 cabins on the June 15 sailing. 
I suppose it is time to shop alternate ships. A shame really since we booked this cruise last July. 🙄
Hopefully Celebrity will make some kind of decision or at least an announcement, sooner rather than later. 

1 hour ago, nicknack said:

If Celebrity had half a brain, they would see the concerns that people have here and respond either here or publish a notice on their website.  Bahamas or Spain; cancelations of sailings or not; what restaurants will remain or not.  I still don't know if my reservation for Silk Harvest will be canceled or not.

There is a good chance they simply don't know yet. They definitely aren't going to publish something that says sailings might be cancelled. I would also put money on them not mentioning any specific updates that were planned that do not get completed. 

• Like 1

My husband just phoned Celebrity.
The rep stated that she had not heard that the ship was being diverted to Spain but more importantly she said that if Celebrity were to cancel the June 8 sailing due to the reasons stated, the cancellation would have been announced already.  🤷‍♀️

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I really doubt that Celebrity would cancel the June 8th sailing.  That cruise is the scheduled 'Moveable Feast' featuring Chef Daniel Boulud and Chef Michelle Bernstein.  There is lots of social media coverage for this particular cruise.  I think that Celebrity will proceed with the schedule sailings and scale back the planned changes for Equinox (IMO).

Lourdes

48 minutes ago, Arubalisa said:

The rep stated that she had not heard that the ship was being diverted to Spain but more importantly she said that if Celebrity were to cancel the June 8 sailing due to the reasons stated, the cancellation would have been announced already.  🤷‍♀️

Did you post this exact response in the Facebook thread???

• Like 1

I’m on the 6/8 sailing. Although I’d be disappointed if it wasn’t revolutionized, it’s a lot better than a cancellation. My hubby and I have already submitted vacation days at work and don’t get those back should there be a cancellation. Also, my in-laws are flying into town to watch our kids while we’re gone which means we’d have to cancel their flight, too. I really wish Celebrity would be more transparent about everything since it affects more people than just those on the sailing.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

I have a fantastic senior rate in a RS on our November sailing.  I was watching prices and called when I saw a reduction.  Their system was down and by the time I spoke with someone the price dropped even more.  Lasted about 8 hours but we got it. There are still good prices on this sailing. Hope the Revolution comes off with out a glitch and those on the 1st sailings are not impacted.

We are on the same sailing in an Aqua.Did you just get a reduction? Our price has gone down three times and is very very reasonable

Here's the thing....since it's not sold out, it wouldn't be wise as a business to even comment on this as of now.......everything is a "GO" in their eyes I believe and will only make an announcement if they have to. It's not a good situation but I think it's the best we got for now.....I'm on 6/29....so not too concerned....

2 hours ago, Arubalisa said:

I had a rep tell me they didn't know anything about the Oasis incident a day after it happened and was posted all over.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Alabaster Cruiser said:

I personally would like to see Michael's club stay as is instead of being included in the refit.  Just a personal preference.

What is Celebrity doing to the Michael’s Club that you do not like?

1 hour ago, bajathree said:

I had a rep tell me they didn't know anything about the Oasis incident a day after it happened and was posted all over.

I would not be surprised if Celebrity cancels the cruise for June 8 on June 7. NOTHING surprises me. ZERO. 

• Like 1

Would be good to know what may happen.  Lots of other plans working around this cruise for me.  I am on 6/15/19.  Only booked it because I wanted to go on this ship after it was revolutionized.  Have been to the Ports.  Let’s all think in a Positive manner!  Hope to see some of you on the ship in June.

• Like 2

Glad we cancelled  the June 8 cruise once we found out all excursions had been booked by two groups including the Pied Pipers.   From now we try find out what groups are sailing and avoid them.  Rather difficult with LLP setting the direction of Celebrity.

10 hours ago, mlmbar said:

We are on the same sailing in an Aqua.Did you just get a reduction? Our price has gone down three times and is very very reasonable

No, we got the reduction at the beginning of April when the new pricing went into effect.  We are in a RS so have the beverage package and internet.  Just lost the OBC and prepaid gratuities which were more than made up by the price reduction.

11 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

No, we got the reduction at the beginning of April when the new pricing went into effect.  We are in a RS so have the beverage package and internet.  Just lost the OBC and prepaid gratuities which were more than made up by the price reduction.

Thanks for responding! We got our biggest reduction before that and kept our OBC and drink package. November cannot come soon enough

11 hours ago, GAcruiser2 said:

I’m on the 6/8 sailing. Although I’d be disappointed if it wasn’t revolutionized, it’s a lot better than a cancellation. My hubby and I have already submitted vacation days at work and don’t get those back should there be a cancellation. Also, my in-laws are flying into town to watch our kids while we’re gone which means we’d have to cancel their flight, too. I really wish Celebrity would be more transparent about everything since it affects more people than just those on the sailing.

If the cruise is canceled, take the money and spend the time at a resort. No need to cancel the days off or the in-laws' flights. 😁

Edited by hrhdhd