Equinox Revolution

Islandbuoy

I'm unsure if this list has changed since the redirect to Spain, but the Equinox list is smaller than I expected, so maybe it is the current plan???

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/CEL_The_Celebrity_Revolution_Modernization_Overview.pdf

Stateroom bathroom only update for instance?  Not the whole cabin?  Maybe that was the original plan.   If anyone knows, please chime in.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dwwall said:

I'm unsure if this list has changed since the redirect to Spain, but the Equinox list is smaller than I expected, so maybe it is the current plan???

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/CEL_The_Celebrity_Revolution_Modernization_Overview.pdf

Stateroom bathroom only update for instance?  Not the whole cabin?  Maybe that was the original plan.   If anyone knows, please chime in.

That list has been published for quite some time and was last updated in late March. The cabins were never intended to get a complete redesign. 

• Like 1

I’m on Equinox now and just booked a cruise onboard for July.  The agent mentioned that my sailing would be after her dry dock.  I mentioned to the agent that I was aware of that and I was sorry that the Sky Lounge would be diminished by the addition of suites on the port side.  The agent said that due to the dry dock having to take place in Cadiz that there would not be time to add those suites.  As the transit time back and forth limited what structural work could be done.

If he is correct I would assume passengers booked in what would have been the new suites will soon be notified.

• Like 1

Celebrity has pulled all the photos (computer generated)  of what the revolutionized EQUINOX will look like when complete.  They had an extensive photo galley of the updated EQUINOX on Celebrity website just a week ago, now it's gone.

Edited by OCEANIC65

3 minutes ago, OCEANIC65 said:

Celebrity has pulled all the photos (computer generated)  of what the revolutionized EQUINOX will look like when complete.  They had an extensive photo galley of the updated EQUINOX on Celebrity website just a week ago, now it's gone.

Perhaps it's just standard procedure, because in just a few weeks there will be actual pictures.

48 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I’m on Equinox now and just booked a cruise onboard for July.  The agent mentioned that my sailing would be after her dry dock.  I mentioned to the agent that I was aware of that and I was sorry that the Sky Lounge would be diminished by the addition of suites on the port side.  The agent said that due to the dry dock having to take place in Cadiz that there would not be time to add those suites.  As the transit time back and forth limited what structural work could be done.

If he is correct I would assume passengers booked in what would have been the new suites will soon be notified.

Well then there it is.....I had a feeling when I saw those 2 category suites closed to  booking for the foreseeable future something was up.

50 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Great news, we get the whole Sky Lounge then.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Perhaps it's just standard procedure, because in just a few weeks there will be actual pictures.

Possibly however they pictures were only recently added, they were barely there for 2 weeks.  I've been following the website closely also noticed the date for new deck plans has changed also check out the screen shot from the website. 

0430191221.jpg

0430191221a.jpg

1 hour ago, OCEANIC65 said:

Possibly however they pictures were only recently added, they were barely there for 2 weeks.  I've been following the website closely also noticed the date for new deck plans has changed also check out the screen shot from the website. 

0430191221.jpg

0430191221a.jpg

The deck plan dates have always been incorrect, though--they've been saying 2020 for the updated plans even with the revolution scheduled for 2019.

1 hour ago, toddmanka said:

I had read that Alcoves are being added to the Equinox.  Trying to see if available for our August cruise- but they aren't listed.  Anybody hear anything about alcoves being added to the lawn?

They were supposed to be, but I would say nothing is certain until the end of May now. 

Edited by paulh84

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

I had read that Alcoves are being added to the Equinox.  Trying to see if available for our August cruise- but they aren't listed.  Anybody hear anything about alcoves being added to the lawn?

45 minutes ago, hiccups said:

The deck plan dates have always been incorrect, though--they've been saying 2020 for the updated plans even with the revolution scheduled for 2019.

Big difference in plans .

It would be nice if they leave Sky Lounge alone. After we experienced the EDEN space on EDGE...we can appreciate how important these big bright spaces are! With a few updates...Sky can once again become a great social hub..day and night! 

I hate when they chop up the ships..never the same!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, toddmanka said:

Probably going to do about half of what they were going to do. They don’t have the time to finish by June 1 st. At least they won’t cancel any cruises. I thought the ocean view cafe was getting re done?

My recollection is the addition of a "mini al bacio" to the beverage station in the OV.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, paulh84 said:

That list has been published for quite some time and was last updated in late March. The cabins were never intended to get a complete redesign. 

We signed onto the 5/25 cruise that then was cancelled and this cruise last May while on Equinox and we were told all bedding, decor would be revolutionized. Perhaps this is a newer list. We were expecting the bigger overhaul. 

18 minutes ago, SuzyCruiser129 said:

We signed onto the 5/25 cruise that then was cancelled and this cruise last May while on Equinox and we were told all bedding, decor would be revolutionized. Perhaps this is a newer list. We were expecting the bigger overhaul. 

There have been several documents that specified M class as getting a complete cabin overhaul and S class basically getting a refresh but with completely new bathrooms. I would definitely expect changes to the soft goods, but I wouldn't expect changes to the structure of the room as far as closets, shelving, etc.

10 hours ago, Mr&MrsBee said:

It takes a lot of looking into.  For example I noticed all excursions were booked  many months  head of time.  Celebrity people were of no help.  Typically since LLP took over.  By accident I found a comments by the Pied Piper group.  Pursuing forward  I looked for cruise charters.  There I found several companies specializing in specific cruises, namely Atlantis, Pied Piers and Vayva.  Then going forward I found remarks by LLP of her intentions and ideas about cruising.  Put it altogether and draw your own conclusion.

Interesting that the only groups you mention are ones that cater to the LGBTQ community...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Mr&MrsBee said:

It takes a lot of looking into.  For example I noticed all excursions were booked  many months  head of time.  Celebrity people were of no help.  Typically since LLP took over.  By accident I found a comments by the Pied Piper group.  Pursuing forward  I looked for cruise charters.  There I found several companies specializing in specific cruises, namely Atlantis, Pied Piers and Vayva.  Then going forward I found remarks by LLP of her intentions and ideas about cruising.  Put it altogether and draw your own conclusion.

There is also HUGE yoga group going from Washington state. Very large group so I hope they dont overtake the persian gardens.