Equinox Revolution

Islandbuoy

4 minutes ago, groryjm said:

As I understand it the extra time to get down to Spain and back with out changing the June sailings has meant that a hold has been put on creating the Reflection, Signature suits and extra insides.

We have friends who are booked in the Reflection Suite on Equinox I think in 2020....I do not want to alarm them but equally I would want to alert them if this is true. May I ask where you got this information from and if the ‘hold’ is until the next big refit or just for a month or two?

We are on Equinox ourselves in September. We were looking forward to experiencing the changes but are resigned to accepting what will be will be...

More concerned now about our friends as I know they were planning on really enjoying a ‘new’ Reflection Suite...

Found this posted else where.........

"We have some important information to provide regarding your upcoming Caribbean Vacation aboard Celebrity Equinox. As you may know, we’re revolutionizing our entire fleet with a $500 million makeover and a team of more than 500 of the world’s best architects, designers, and engineers. We’re using new technology and design concepts that will change the way you experience the world on a Celebrity vacation.
The Celebrity Equinox was scheduled to begin her Revolution on May 4th; however, due to the collapse of a side-wall within the Grand Bahama shipyard dry dock structure it became necessary for us to relocate the Equinox to a shipyard in Cadiz, Spain.
All Equinox voyages will remain as scheduled starting June 1st out of Fort Lauderdale; however, the change in shipyard venue has made it necessary to postpone the addition of the new Reflection Suite, five Signature Suites and eight inside staterooms
We are happy to advise, Equinox will still receive The Retreat, our exclusive experience available to every suite class guest including The Retreat Sundeck, The Retreat Lounge and our private restaurant, Luminae, featuring Daniel Boulud signature dishes."

It was sent to someone booked in a Signature suite and they where being comped an upgrade to an RS

Edited by groryjm
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, groryjm said:

Found this posted else where......…

We are happy to advise, Equinox will still receive The Retreat, our exclusive experience available to every suite class guest including The Retreat Sundeck, The Retreat Lounge and our private restaurant, Luminae, featuring Daniel Boulud signature dishes."

It was sent to someone booked in a Signature suite and they where being comped an upgrade to an RS

Thanks for the information. Glad to see the Retreat is still going be installed.  Wonder if they will be doing the upgrades to the suites.  The furniture is getting pretty tired.

I'm surprised that the RS have not disappeared from upcoming sailings, unless there were not many Signature Suites booked. There are still 4 available on our November cruise.

1 hour ago, groryjm said:

"We have some important information to provide regarding your upcoming Caribbean Vacation aboard Celebrity Equinox. As you may know, we’re revolutionizing our entire fleet with a $500 million makeover and a team of more than 500 of the world’s best architects, designers, and engineers. We’re using new technology and design concepts that will change the way you experience the world on a Celebrity vacation.
The Celebrity Equinox was scheduled to begin her Revolution on May 4th; however, due to the collapse of a side-wall within the Grand Bahama shipyard dry dock structure it became necessary for us to relocate the Equinox to a shipyard in Cadiz, Spain.
All Equinox voyages will remain as scheduled starting June 1st out of Fort Lauderdale; however, the change in shipyard venue has made it necessary to postpone the addition of the new Reflection Suite, five Signature Suites and eight inside staterooms

Thanks for the official information.  Much better than speculation.

What about upgraded staterooms for everyone?  Nothing about that, and it looks like that's not happening anytime soon.   Type of communication where you have to look for what it doesn't say, not what it does.

3 hours ago, groryjm said:

As I understand it the extra time to get down to Spain and back with out changing the June sailings has meant that a hold has been put on creating the Reflection, Signature suites and extra insides.

3 hours ago, groryjm said:

Yes....when i saw that they closed those 2 category suites I speculated that something was up. It was then posted by someone currently on the Equinox that the new suite categories going into the observation lounge wasn't going to happen. So now it's officially confirmed. 

Edited by bajathree

The email was targeted at a Signature Suite guest impacted by the decision to not add those rooms at this time.  It is assuring them that the other Suite enhancements will still be completed.   I wouldn't read more into this particular statement.

On 4/30/2019 at 9:09 AM, dwwall said:

I'm unsure if this list has changed since the redirect to Spain, but the Equinox list is smaller than I expected, so maybe it is the current plan???

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/CEL_The_Celebrity_Revolution_Modernization_Overview.pdf

Stateroom bathroom only update for instance?  Not the whole cabin?  Maybe that was the original plan.   If anyone knows, please chime in.

This list is very informative however they left one major thing off; painting the hull blue.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Thanks for the official information.  Much better than speculation.

Not half as as much fun though 🤣.

14 hours ago, bajathree said:

Yes....when i saw that they closed those 2 category suites I speculated that something was up. It was then posted by someone currently on the Equinox that the new suite categories going into the observation lounge wasn't going to happen. So now it's officially confirmed. 

You were correct. Now it will just be a case of waiting to see what gets done, or rather how much will there still to be done after the revolution. Remember Connie’s last dry dock 😬?

• Like 1

I am sure we will receive real information once the ship is on the way to Spain.  My bet is that they will accomplish most of the general update projects, minus any heavy construction changes.  

Let’s wait for the real facts.  

Since we don’t sail in a suite, the refreshing projects are most important to us.  

What drew us to cruising many years ago was the fact that no matter what category stateroom you had, the service, food,  and experience was the same for all. 

We are looking forward to our cruise in December on one of our favorite ships, the Equinox!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/2/2019 at 7:58 AM, gordylad said:

would like to know if outside screen will go ahead

coin toss. You aren't worried about laying on the grass for the entire movie? I thought putting the movie screen on the lawn was a mistake. If I'm not mistaken, no furniture is allowed on the lawn. I'm ok with stretching out on a blanket, but not sure I'd want to do it for a 2 hour movie.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

To my knowledge there are no cruises listed for the Equinox for May. I think it is on its way to Spain for the referb.

Correct. The cranes are to load up supplies they will need before they head to Spain.