Transfers through SeaDream to Athens Airport ?

Piaa

Morning - I had asked about taxi's from arrival port in Athens to the airport and am now wondering if I can book a transfer directly from SeaDream when onboard ?  Does anyone know if they offer this ? 

Athens port can be quite busy depending on time of year, day of the week, etc.  Yes - SeaDream offers a transfer service you can book while on board.  We have used it many times.  While pricier than other options, we’ve found the convenience worth the extra cost.  If memory serves, it takes about 45 minutes.  Last summer those who made their own arrangements had some problems.

• 1 month later...

We just returned and should anyone else be searching for this answer - yes you can book a transfer through SeaDream for $119 (for 2 people) and charge it to your onboard account which was great.

$119 does not sound like an unreasonable amount for a private car.  (Was that a private car, Piaa, or a shared van?)  We will be sailing out of Pireas in August so will be looking for transport from Athens hotel to pier.  We will use Rome Cab at end of trip, which served us well last year, but does anyone know of a service like that in Athens that you would recommend?

We used a taxi service recommended by another SeaDreamer back in 2013.  They did a good job.  Unfortunately, I'm not sure they're still in business.  It looks like their regular Web site is down and their Facebook appears to be outdated.  But here's a link anyway...

https://www.facebook.com/StarGroupAthensTaxiServices/

• 2 weeks later...

TrapperZimmy - that was a private car for just my husband and I.  I thought the price to be great and loved that we charged it to our onboard account

We did this a year ago and the Sea Dream set up service for about $119 for a private car that got us there perfectly.  We had a tight window of time, and they knew it.  We were first off and swept away and made it, easily!!  🙂 it was GREAT

Thanks for the information.  I contacted SeaDream and was informed they did not offer anything pre-sailing.  They did, however, recommend a company in Athens, Stat, that will meet us at the airport and take us to our hotel for Euro 80, and then from our hotel to the pier for Euro 48.  Based on what SeaDream is charging, I thought that was a fair price, and I appreciated their referral.  One month to go.  Anyone else on board for this sailing?