RCI MDR & Ordering from Specialty Restaurants for an Up-Charge

TinaSG

We'll be sailing on RCI's Independence in December of this year. It's been a few years since I've been on a cruise, but I recall from my last RCI cruise we had the option to order filet mignon from Chops in the MDR for an up-charge of $15. Is this still an option offered by RCI and is it available all nights? Or just specific nights? Are there other specialty restaurant offerings as well? My sister would love the option to order Izumi sushi in the MDR.

How about via room service? We'll be in a grand suite and I understand this gives us the expanded MDR room menu options for room service. Can specialty restaurant items be ordered in a grand suite as well?

We'll have MTD and don't really want to lock ourselves into set dinner reservation times so knowing what our options are will help us decide if we should book anything specific or wing it.

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 12:25 PM, TinaSG said:

We'll be sailing on RCI's Independence in December of this year. It's been a few years since I've been on a cruise, but I recall from my last RCI cruise we had the option to order filet mignon from Chops in the MDR for an up-charge of $15. Is this still an option offered by RCI and is it available all nights? Or just specific nights? Are there other specialty restaurant offerings as well? My sister would love the option to order Izumi sushi in the MDR.

How about via room service? We'll be in a grand suite and I understand this gives us the expanded MDR room menu options for room service. Can specialty restaurant items be ordered in a grand suite as well?

We'll have MTD and don't really want to lock ourselves into set dinner reservation times so knowing what our options are will help us decide if we should book anything specific or wing it.

You can order the Chops filet for the up-charge, I think it is $16 now. My DD got it one night and loved it. I didn't see anything else like Izumi's on the menu though.

I have no idea about room service because I am usually in an accessible OV room only. Sorry I cant help with that.

It won't be a full specialty meal...just the meat.  And, it's still prepared in the MDR kitchen...not in the specialty restaurant.  99% of the time, you can do a specialty restaurant as a walk-up.