Chef's Table - Pacific Explorer

• 5 months later...
On 7/22/2019 at 3:24 PM, aussiebossyboots said:

The Ultimate Romance Package framed our holiday - each day there was an offering made to our stomachs by the Gods in the Kitchen & Bar!!!  Eventually we had to give some of the offerings to our Cabin Stewards, hope that was OK and they enjoyed them.

The room service breakfasts were even larger that we ordered because they added extra bits.  At the end of 10 nights I really do not want to see another chocolate covered strawberry again.... well for at least another month.  The extra mini bottles of champagne came in handy for pre dinner drinks in the Ocean Bar.

We used the OBC from this package to eat at both Shell and Bones and 400 Gradi and agree that 400 Gradi is much better.  Shell and Bones was really strange, my husband ordered the lobster and got a whole lobster and nothing else.  I ordered the chicken and got a WHOLE chicken!!!!!  We ordered sides and they were a very large portion and the corn was frozen and looked/tasted like it was sitting in boiling water for over 1 hour.  There was enough food to feed at least 4-6 people.  Strange!

Yes, the rooms are small but adequate.  Overall the service level of the P&O Explorer was exceptional, what a great bunch of staff.  We only saw two shows but they were great especially the Great Gatsby Night.  Loved the bands especially Dusk to Dawn in the Blue Room - amazing singer and piano player.  We also met some wonderful people who were very friendly.

Overall we had a 100% fantastic time. 

Thank you everyone for your suggestions and comments because they really added to our overall enjoyment.

I was thinking of adding this package but I asked the Live Chat on the website and they said that $120 you get as credit for the meal section was to be used in ONE visit unless arranged on board to split it. But you describe it as "On Board Credit". How was it handled on board and can you in fact use it on several visits? I say this as because we wouldn't (and probably couldn't) spend $120 in one visit to either of these two restaurants. 

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies for this late reply, but we have only recently returned from a cruise.

There was no issue when we were on board to just book the two restaurants and really cannot remember any issue of using this credit for other things like drinks.  I didn't ask before buying the package for the details and just assumed we would use the money as we say fit and that did happen.

Not sure if there is a change in their process currently.

On 1/28/2020 at 10:14 AM, aussiebossyboots said:

Apologies for this late reply, but we have only recently returned from a cruise.

There was no issue when we were on board to just book the two restaurants and really cannot remember any issue of using this credit for other things like drinks.  I didn't ask before buying the package for the details and just assumed we would use the money as we say fit and that did happen.

Not sure if there is a change in their process currently.

Currently sitting in Gladstone Harbour on the explorer after enjoying the in room breakfast for this package (extra mini champagnes saved for later). The credit was just added to our account to spend as wished so it was no problem. So far have loved having this. Thanks for the recommendation.

As another note there has been a steam leak in the engine room which has caused the engines to me shut to minimum.  We have tugs securing us from the channel to the harbour. Who knows if we will get into port. Ah well the pool is still wet and drinks are being served