Key Reviews

26 minutes ago, sblueste said:

Report of the The Key program on Navigator of the Seas (3-Day Ensenada, March 2022, Post-COVID). During this post-COVID area, we are trying to stay away from big crowds whenever possible.  Here, The Key program helped that:  (1) we boarded the ship at 11:15am and a lovely lunch was severed at 11:30am for truly very few people.  The lunch was a petite filet from Chops and of great quality (other quality selections too).  We would have normally headed up to the Windjammer with the masses upon boarding for lunch, so this was a nice treat and with very few others.  (2) we had access to activities before others not enrolled in The Key (like rock wall climbing) and it seemed that very few others availed themselves to that feature, (3) we used the priority seating at the ice show which was also a nice treat, (4) on the departure morning we enjoyed The Key served breakfast with just a few others  just like it was when we boarded (we ate breakfast at 6:30am and were walking off with our bags at 7:30am; although there is early "access" to departure with The Key, that is not really of much value, since anyone can walk off early anytime).  The food at the breakfast was prime like eggs Benedict.  Again, we stayed away from the 1000 people in the morning rush at the Windjammer.  Add in the included Internet, and if you can get The Key at a discount price, it might be worth it to your circumstances.  Breakfast the morning you leave is usually stressful and underwhelming, but the nice meal served via The Key made a pleasant departure.  Yes, our cruise was still a "limited load" (1600 passengers maximum) as RCL transitions out of COVID, but the same principles apply of staying away from the masses.  We would always visit Windjammer, but did not this time.  I thought I would miss it; but I didn't.  I give RCL kudos on remodeling the entry foyer to Windjammer by tastefully installing sinks with warm water and soap and towels at the entry, and there are probably 15 sinks to wash your hands; much better than Purell'ing, not just for COVID but just good sanitary practice.

Thanks for this report. I found The Key discounted in my cruise planner for my April cruise - it was almost the same price as the Voom Surf n Stream package.  So I cancelled Voom and added The Key which is a much better value at the discounted price. Good to know it worked out for you. 

• Like 2

• 10 months later...
57 minutes ago, Tigrbabe said:

Has anyone used the Key on the Radiance of the Seas?  They are charging $29.99 and I'm just not sure it's worth it.  They only have one onboard activity the rock climbing wall.

Unless you have money that you can't find anything else to spend it on, I see no possible reason to get The Key for that price.