Bringing Wine from Ports

ZsaZsa2019

I'm sure it's been addressed, so I apologize in advance, but I only find time to hop on and hop off here occasionally.  I know you can bring on wine when you get on the ship and pay a $15 corkage fee.  I've decided not to do this, but what if I happen to find a bottle in port somewhere and want to bring it on?  Can I pay the corkage fee, or will they confiscate it until the end of the cruise?

NCL's standing policy is to take custody of those liquor acquired ashore at port stops and return them upon disembarkation.  AFAIK, you cannot bring them on, paying the corkage fee, except, at the embarkation port. 

If you enjoy wine, unless it is difficult or time is a factor, i.e. flying into embarkation port on morning of, etc. - do pick up 1 or 2 bottles, it's cheaper & you get to choose which retailed $15 or $20 brand to drink ... and still come out way ahead vs. the $10 Beringer on the ship, sold for #cough #cough. 

I do enjoy my wine, but was also thinking I could make do with what was offered.  We have the UBP and while I realize the choices below $15 are relatively limited when it comes to wine, thought I would survive.  We are actually spending two nights in Seattle before boarding, so bringing on a bottle or two for a special night might not be that big of a deal after all.  i Keep forgetting we will already be there and not flying in that day.

Plus, if you have UBP, don't forget that $20 glass of wine is just $5 (OK plus 20%).  We were debating but decided buying a bottle of wine, it's cost, plus the $15 corkage fee, the over $15 glass of wine cost will buy enough reasonable wine to stop the hassle of luging on the wine until you cabin is ready etc. not that big of deal. And I don't believe the bartenders will have an issue pouring wine "neat" like they might do with booze to keep from "stockpiling" in your room for that night cap.