Which tripod for smooth video panning from my balcony?

Which tripod should I purchase for smooth video panning from my balcony? 

For context: 

• Amateur photographer here.   
  • I just purchased my first "serious" camera.  All of my other cameras have been Canon Powershots.
  • Videos will be of an Alaska cruise on Holland America's Westerdam with a Neptune Suite balcony.
  • Specifically, I hope to take great pictures and smooth video Glacier Bay similar to what I've seen on the high quality You Tubes.

I have 2 tripods - a very solid Manfrotto and a more compact & light-weight carbon fibre.

Purchased the carbon-fibre one just before our last World Cruise, but was not really satisfied with the results from on board. When sitting on the deck it picked up vibrations from the ship, when taking long exposures. It has great results when used ashore.

For a tripod head, suggest a Fluid Head is best for panning with video

Tripod or monopod depends on your intended use. I really only use a tripod for long exposures at night. We departed Sydney during the Festival of Lights, so wanted longer exposures before leaving the dock. Hence need for a tripod, as don't believe I could hold a monopod still enough.

The monopod certainly has less weight, and while I have never used one, don't think it would work well with video.

I have a monopod and a tripod. I use the monpod more particular when I need to move around a lot. It also works better when I need to sit down in an event. I just bought a travel tripod that can be converted into monopod too. I am planning to use the tripod in the balcony but just take out the monopod for excursions.