Disney cruise only adults no children?

cruisebarbie

3 hours ago, cruisebarbie said:

I have always wanted to take a Disney cruise.  Unfortunately we never made it when our kids were young.  I am looking to hear from those then went only as a couple with no kids.  How was it?

Thanks!

Vicki

12 DCL cruises here.  All just adult only, even when we took the "kids", youngest was 19.

We really like cruising DCL, just wish they'd come up with some other itineraries for those of us who cruise with them often.

• Like 1

7 DCL cruises so far, and 2 of them have been with adults only.  We really enjoyed some of the adults-only areas, including the pool area, Cove Cafe (for specialty coffees, cocktails etc), nightclub area (Skyline Lounge on the Dream is my favorite) and Palo brunch!  Also, Serenity Bay is quiet and relaxing.  DCL is definitely not just for kids!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

Personally there is no way I can justify the cost of there cruises. So many cruises for half the price on a lot of great cruise lines and great ships.

Yes, but they don't have Mickey Mouse on them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

If you are big "Disney People" then I think you'd have a good time. It's not just for kids. If you're not big Disney people, then you are paying a pretty significant premium for Disney. We have done two DCL cruises, we're booked for another one next April, but if we didn't have a child, I think we'd look at something else not because we don't have an amazing time, but because it would be so much cheaper. 

On 5/1/2019 at 5:27 PM, LLRS1 said:

We've loved every one of our adult-only Disney cruises.  The adult areas and activities are great. Highly recommended!

We have an aunt & uncle who love Disney because they aren't fond of being around children and the adult areas on Disney are kept totally Child Free ... even a special beach area at their private island stop.  

Sounds crazy to us but that's why they like Disney.  :classic_rolleyes:

• Like 2

I know exactly what Ocruisers & numtini & Shmoo are talking about.  Because of the awesome kids clubs on DCL ships, there are only a few areas on the ship that have alot of kids.  We are HUGE Disney fans, that is why we cruise on Disney ships, that and the #1 private island Castaway Cay!  Twodaywonder, what are you doing on the Disney board if you are not a huge Disney fan and don't see the value of sailing on their ships? 

• Like 1

We have been on 4 Disney Cruises as adults with no kids (except for the one with our grown children this last New Years) and have another one booked next year. We like Disney Cruises. We tried a Royal Caribbean cruise this year and were constantly comparing it (not positively) to Disney. We love Disney entertainment. The food is outstanding. The ships are in great shape. Service is amazing.

Yes, we pay more for Disney but are happy too.

My wife and I have been on 11 DCL cruises. Only two were with our children and/or other family members. We enjoy all things Disney and are willing to pay for the service DCL provides. There are many options for those who are cruising without children. We have met many other couples doing the same thing so you definitely won't be alone.

This is insane, but we are waiting for our son to turn 18 for us go to back on a Disney ship.  We LOVE Disney cruising but they are VERY strict about the adult only areas and specialty dining so we are waiting for our almost 16 year old to be able to join us in all the adult venues, in particular, Palo and Remy.

Edited by slightlysilly
Clarity
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, slightlysilly said:

This is insane, but we are waiting for our son to turn 18 for us go to back on a Disney ship.  We LOVE Disney cruising but they are VERY strict about the adult only areas and specialty dining so we are waiting for our almost 16 year old to be able to join us in all the adult venues, in particular, Palo and Remy.

Oh I can totally sympathize with you, our daughter turns 18 in 18 months and we can't wait for her to be able to join us in Palo for brunch and also go to Serenity Bay

• 2 weeks later...

We've done DCL with kids and as adults only.  My biggest "gripe" is that they enforce SOME adult only areas and not others.  Yes, adult dining (Palo and Remy), Serenity Bay, night club area after 9pm, and fitness center are enforced.  The Cove Cafe and areas around the Quiet Cove pool are not well enforced....I wish that they were.  I also wish there was an area of each dining room where families without children were seated.  Yes, they do have "adult only" tables, but they are scattered throughout the room.

Sorry, but thru the years we've noticed a lot less supervision of children on board.  It is NOT ok to allow kids to run around the dining room.  They are a danger to themselves, servers, and other guests.  It is NOT ok to throw food.  (my adult daughter was issues a "free laundry" ticket when an urchin at a nearby table missed his intended target and got chocolate goo on her).  It is not OK for them to steal items from server's stations (or stateroom host carts)!  It is not ok to keep your screaming or crying child in the dining room, although I can see debate on this one.  Sorry--I removed my child from a shoreside restaurant at the age of 6 when she just would not "settle down" and was annoying other diners.  I asked the server to have our food packed "to go" when it came up, and took it and her home.  Funny, we never had another behavior issue in any restaurant! 

Since these sorts of activities happen regularly in the dining rooms....I'd like to see a section for "adults only."

• Like 2

On 5/25/2019 at 9:55 AM, cantgetin said:

The Cove Cafe and areas around the Quiet Cove pool are not well enforced....I wish that they were. 

That's not been my experience.  All adult only areas were enforced on all our DCL cruises.  Including Quiet Cove.

Now, one issue with Quiet Cove is that the forward elevators come up in the Quiet Cove area, so anyone (kids included) will travel through the area from the elevator aft toward the family pool area.

It's much more noticeable when there are kids in the adult area on the Dream class ships than the Magic class due to the configuration of the Quiet Cove area.  Plus, on the Dream class ships, the Funnel Puddle (one deck above Quiet Cove) is NOT an adult only area.

I totally agree that it is worse on the newer ships than on the classics.  Most of my experience is on the Magic, and this particular element has not been good.  This is actually one of the reasons we've explored other lines after many years of "DCL only."  Now we are "DCL IF they can give us something worth the cost and the kid issues."  I like kids, but "adult only" areas should be just that. They shouldn't be "adult only except for ......."  

Edited by cantgetin