Beers 🍺 On The Beautiful Harmony of The Seas

That’s a good idea G to ask if they have anything that is not on the menu. I seem to remember a decent selection of craft beers a couple of years ago on Anthem and when I did Anthem again last year most of the craft beers were gone.

47 minutes ago, tahqa said:

Post #6 in this same thread has a photo of the list.

Thanks did not see that pic up close. I'm curious if there are different brands of whiskeys in some of the other bars on the ship. On a previous menu that I found on another ship for 2018 I saw that they had Whistle Pig Rye and Templeton (2 of my favorites) but I know that each ship may have different liquors. I am hopeful that Harmony has a better selection of whiskeys than what I saw on the English Pub menu. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dwp10mm said:

I agree.  Was on Indy in November and did see that Playmakers had more selections.  But Royal needs to royally step up their beer options.  I'm an IPA guy and always disappointed with that is available.  I do like Stone but I think they are phasing that out.  Not a fan of Redhook.  They really need more options.  Thankfully I'll be on Harmony in a few weeks and Sabor makes the best margaritas.  But if I was only a beer drinker, I would never buy the drink package for their lack of selection.

Agreed, I like Stone (we got married inside their brewery 🙂 ) but I can only survive Redhook so long.  I enjoyed Playmakers a lot but really didn't want to be stuck there my whole time on the ship.  Carnival had Rebel at all the bars which was nice for when I did want a beer.  Usually though in the heat/sun my vodka/water is a better choice so I don't mind switching at sea lol!  But I do wish it wasn't always because of lack of options.  The issue on Royal is any IPAs or craft beer choices are usually only at the pub or now playmakers so if you want it on the pool deck you're making a run for them and logistically that doesn't always work!  We did one cruise smuggle canned beer on, that was nice to have on our balcony or around the pool deck, but not worth the effort most times (or risk).  They get plenty of our money anyway, especially now since we usually buy the drink package to just not worry about it on board.

1 hour ago, Big_G said:

We were on Allure last year and I asked what they had for IPA's and was told Sierra Nevada (LOL) so I asked if they had the their usual Redhook Longhammer and they got it for me. I'm drinking that an a guy walks in and orders a Dogfish Head 90. I just shook my head. The Dogfish wasn't on the menu.

This can be hit or miss.  Was told in the Pub on the Oasis they were "out" (embarkation day, LOL). A cruiser on board 2 cruises before said to ask and that he found it at the pool bar.  Pool Bar guy looks at me like I was from outer space.  Stones and SN and maybe SA's Boston Lager seem to be the extent of they're "craft" collection.  However, some of the imports are worth trying for a change up. Leffe, Chimay, and La Fin du Monde might satisfy.

Edited by crewsweeper
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ShillyShally said:

Agreed, I like Stone (we got married inside their brewery 🙂 ) but I can only survive Redhook so long.  I enjoyed Playmakers a lot but really didn't want to be stuck there my whole time on the ship.  Carnival had Rebel at all the bars which was nice for when I did want a beer.  Usually though in the heat/sun my vodka/water is a better choice so I don't mind switching at sea lol!  But I do wish it wasn't always because of lack of options.  The issue on Royal is any IPAs or craft beer choices are usually only at the pub or now playmakers so if you want it on the pool deck you're making a run for them and logistically that doesn't always work!  We did one cruise smuggle canned beer on, that was nice to have on our balcony or around the pool deck, but not worth the effort most times (or risk).  They get plenty of our money anyway, especially now since we usually buy the drink package to just not worry about it on board.

Celebrity usually has a pretty good selection in Cellar Masters. They've had Stone, Dogfish Head, and Whalers. I had my first Dragon Stout on Celebrity Reflection.

1 minute ago, Big_G said:

Celebrity usually has a pretty good selection in Cellar Masters. They've had Stone, Dogfish Head, and Whalers. I had my first Dragon Stout on Celebrity Reflection.

Good to know!  I'm curious to try the beer actually brewed on Carnival Horizon (though I don't have high hopes lol) and I think one other of their ships, and have heard NCL has some more craft beer options/bars but I've only been on Royal and Carnival.  Carnival's "brew" on their regular ships is awful to me 🙂

45 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

Good to know!  I'm curious to try the beer actually brewed on Carnival Horizon (though I don't have high hopes lol) and I think one other of their ships, and have heard NCL has some more craft beer options/bars but I've only been on Royal and Carnival.  Carnival's "brew" on their regular ships is awful to me 🙂

On the  Carnival Horizon (Vista too), the drafts brewed on board are fairly good.  Plus they carry some other craft in cans.  Islands Lager, Angel City, Saltwater's Milk Stout, etc. Used to have Cigar City but think they discontinued..  And these are all at other bars, not just one spot.

The Thirsty Red Frog on draft is a product Budweiser, same as the old Bud Red Ale. 

5 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

On the  Carnival Horizon (Vista too), the drafts brewed on board are fairly good.  Plus they carry some other craft in cans.  Islands Lager, Angel City, Saltwater's Milk Stout, etc. Used to have Cigar City but think they discontinued..  And these are all at other bars, not just one spot.

The Thirsty Red Frog on draft is a product Budweiser, same as the old Bud Red Ale. 

Nothing like a little craft brews talk on Cruise Critic. Maybe someone at Royal is reading this. They could easily up their game by having rotating crafts.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Good insights, thanks!  Yeah I felt about the Thirsty Red Frog like I do about bud 🙂

11 minutes ago, Big_G said:

Nothing like a little craft brews talk on Cruise Critic. Maybe someone at Royal is reading this. They could easily up their game by having rotating crafts.

Agreed, there's definitely a market for it!  Heck a beer package would likely be a hit.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Big_G said:

These beer discussions seem to happen every month or 2 and no change yet from Royal.  Not holding my breath. 

Edited by bobmacliberty

Just now, bobmacliberty said:

These beer discussions seem to happen every month or 2 and no change yet from Royal.  Not holding my breath. 

We'll experience Playmakers for the first time in a couple weeks on Navigator so I'll report back on the beer situation.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 3:41 PM, Swank Pad G said:

Sorry to hijack this thread but could someone post a pic of the scotches and whiskeys that are on board? Especially interested in what rye whiskey they have.

Swank. The last two cruises I was on they had Whistlepig in select locations.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/2/2019 at 6:21 PM, Big_G said:

I'll experience Playmakers for the first time in a couple weeks on Navigator so I'll report back on the beer situation.

Here is the important part of the Playmakers menu. There was no Sculpin on tap and the bartender said it was discontinued.

image.png.effb29f9f1673ca17279e7f39b1be713.png

I enjoy craft beer.  My favorite is Pliny the Elder from Russian River Brewing.  I was at their new Windsor brewery last week and took home a case.  Happen to be sipping one right now.  

Very disappointed in the Harmony beer list posted above.  Looks like a healthy number of them are from AB-InBev, including the Belgian style brews.  Mass produced, readily available in large quantities.

Last cruise was on the Disney Wonder and I was a bit disappointed that they didn't have more to choose from, but looking at this list, Disney has done a pretty good job of putting decent variety on tap.  

We do have the drink package, so I'll likely find myself going with rum drinks and an occasional whiskey since the beer list is so disappointing.  Will be on Harmony this August.