Adult Activities (Disney Fantasy)

Andi_Mack

Hello there! I'm considering going on a cruise to the Caribbean on the Disney Fantasy. I'm a huge Disney fan but my parents are worried there might not be enough adult activities on board for them. What adult activities are available?

Thanks 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

During the day -- Trivia; wine and liquor tastings; movies; bingo.  At night there is adult only entertainment - piano players, adult themed variety acts, match your mate, etc.  Nothing is TOO risque - it is Disney after all. 

• Like 1

If you google DIsney Fantasy Navigators you may find a website where they post Navigators (daily cruise activity schedules) from various past cruises.  They divide the events into age groups - adults only, family, kids only - so easy to see what to expect on your cruise.

• 1 month later...

My husband and I (active cruisers in our 60's) just finished a family cruise on the Disney Fantasy. Although we enjoyed the cruise and our younger extended family had a blast, we didn't think there were enough interesting activities for adults. It depends on what your parents enjoy, of course. My husband enjoyed the trivia. We've done bingo on other cruises, so weren't interested in doing it again. There were a lot of wine/whiskey/champagne tastings, but as first time Disney cruisers we were not able to book any of them since returning cruisers get priority. Movies and entertainment catered to a younger crowd. We were especially disappointed that most of the excursions were oriented toward water sports - not interesting to us. Other cruise lines we have been on had many more options for adults, both on board and in excursions. There is a great adults-only area on the ship - nice deck space and bars - but not much going on there except drinking and sitting on the deck and reading. I enjoy both those, but we got a bit bored over a week-long cruise. A lot depends on what your parents enjoy of course.

Edited by BirdandBaby
addition for clarity

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2019 at 2:18 PM, Andi_Mack said:

Hello there! I'm considering going on a cruise to the Caribbean on the Disney Fantasy. I'm a huge Disney fan but my parents are worried there might not be enough adult activities on board for them. What adult activities are available?

Thanks 🙂

This review I wrote is a couple of years old, but the lack of adult activities was the only knock we had on the ship.  Especially when we saw the mostly empty 'family venues' at night that could have easily converted over to adults only after 10 or 11pm.  The nightclub area in the back is a really great idea, but too many small venues crammed into what could have been two or three really nice venues.  

The food and service was some of the best we have had at sea so we will sail Disney again, but this time we'll have a better plan for the evenings.  

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=547367&et_cid=2764671&et_rid=85437048&et_referrer=Boards_Million_Member_Newsub

Edited by creativegenius
Wrong link