UP FOR SALE

7 hours ago, Vitalsign said:

If you look at TUI profits report TUI Cruises are making more profit than the other areas of business and TUI would not keep Dream and Celebration if they were losing money never mind considering a major expensive refit

As a TUI shareholder this is pleasing however due to 15 grounded Boeing Max planes costs have escalated and this has reflected in the share price falling in the last 6 months - boohoo ☹️😪

They're certainly not losing money on her or they wouldnt be running her.  I think the issue is more to do with her age, her style and her appeal.  Shes very close to end of life but they will squeeze whatever remaining revenue / profit out of her until such times as they find a buyer and buy more ships.

Its definitely an expanding business area for them.  And in fairness they are good at it, relative to the price point.

9 hours ago, hullmackem said:

I can't believe both will be around much longer, they make more money on the bigger ships. Plus they are near end of life in reality, if they want to keep attracting families. 

You need to offset that against the massive purchase cost of a new(er) ship, fitting it out, and bigger running costs - more passengers means more staff required to service them.

Also, the newer ships they have been buying arent massively bigger.  Explorer 2 has a capacity of around 1800 passengers.  Dream can cater for 1500.

On 6/10/2019 at 6:59 PM, Jim The Scot said:

Also just back off the Dream and had no issues regards vibration,was midship deck 6

The issue does exist, however i suspect that

• It might be more prevalent in some areas of the ship than others
  • It depends what engine combination she is running on at the time.  Apparently they alternate engines, so it may be a specific engine or only noticable if they are running on both.
  • It depends on what levels of power the engines are being asked to produce at any given time.

1 hour ago, pgilc1 said:

• It depends what engine combination she is running on at the time.  Apparently they alternate engines, so it may be a specific engine or only noticable if they are running on both.
  • It depends on what levels of power the engines are being asked to produce at any given time.

I think it sounds about.right in what you say pgilc have done four cruises on dream and have found no vibration at all have always have had mid ships deck nine, she might shut one engine between  islands have only done  caribbean, but found her a good weather ship coming back from Mexico to Jamaica found she coped well in a head swell. and when she goes back out to the Caribbean with  Explorer 2 in  20/21 will gladly book my next cruise on her again.

1 hour ago, pgilc1 said:

I occupied two different cabins on the same cruise. Cabin 5212 on the stern port side was really bad I was bouncing off the walls,  cabin 5171 just a short distance away on the starboard side of the ship ten rows further forward was perfectly quiet with no vibration.

It's not the same sort of vibration that you experience on the Celebration it's more of a creaking, we have taken nineteen cruises on her, mainly in the same cabin, 9040, we noticed on arrival this year that maintenance had driven lots of wedges between the panels all round the cabin. We had no problems in the past but after this year would not recommend that particular cabin as we could not sleep. It maybe that the refurb will correct the problems. Fingers crossed.

There was definitely a heavy vibration in cabin 5212 (probably not too far away from the propellers). Seemed mainly to be coming through the floor. Cabin 5171 did have wedges between the panels and did have some creaking, but was relatively quiet and vibration free. 

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 8:34 PM, pgilc1 said:

That would explain why I heard the vibration/creaking in the same cabin within 10 months of cruises.

On 5/1/2019 at 9:57 AM, so,ton saint said:

Looking at a shipping web site i see Dream and Celebration up for sale at $18,ooo,ooo and Celibration at $17,ooo,ooo

and all of the Millennium ships from Celebrity up to year 2002 and a smattering of Royal,s vision class, just a thought

any taker,s.

just more speculation and gossip  C.M.V. looking for three more ships for 2020 and 21 i wonder.