Bogus Roll Call Notification

I just received an email from Cruise Critic wishing me a bon voyage on my upcoming May 5, 2019 Allure of the Seas cruise.  It gave me a link to my roll call, told me there were 94 participants, and offered port advice.

Problem is, I'm not presently booked on any cruises and I certainly didn't sign up for this cruise's roll call.  Anyone else get a message like this from CC?

1 hour ago, Aquahound said:

I just received an email from Cruise Critic wishing me a bon voyage on my upcoming May 5, 2019 Allure of the Seas cruise.  It gave me a link to my roll call, told me there were 94 participants, and offered port advice.

Problem is, I'm not presently booked on any cruises and I certainly didn't sign up for this cruise's roll call.  Anyone else get a message like this from CC?

Well, I haven't.

• 2 weeks later...

This was a side effect of getting the tool back up and running.  While we were going through to make sure the dates were correct (at the start many were not!) some emails were sent to a handful of members who were past roll call members as if they were sailing soon.  I do apologize for this glitch.

The good news is that the tool is back - still quirky - but back 🙂 

I am sorry that you are not currently booked on any cruises though - and do hope that being here might help you get your daily fix of cruise chat ❤️

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, CC Help Jenn said:

This was a side effect of getting the tool back up and running.  While we were going through to make sure the dates were correct (at the start many were not!) some emails were sent to a handful of members who were past roll call members as if they were sailing soon.  I do apologize for this glitch.

The good news is that the tool is back - still quirky - but back 🙂 

I am sorry that you are not currently booked on any cruises though - and do hope that being here might help you get your daily fix of cruise chat ❤️

I suppose the question now is - does the roll call finder tool recognize any other date formats besides the "Month day, year" (September 17, 2020) one?

Or are we still fighting the battle of "I created my Roll Call, but it's not showing up when I use the "Find Your Roll Call" link"?

Edited by Shmoo here

7 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

I suppose the question now is - does the roll call finder tool recognize any other date formats besides the "Month day, year" (September 17, 2020) one?

Or are we still fighting the battle of "I created my Roll Call, but it's not showing up when I use the "Find Your Roll Call" link"?

If you read Jenn's other note about  the roll call tool coming back (pinned at the top of the list in this forum), it says that posts the tool can't understand get flagged to her, and she can correct the dates.

Edited by gnome12

On 5/1/2019 at 4:12 PM, Shmoo here said:

Well, I haven't.

On 5/10/2019 at 1:29 PM, CC Help Jenn said:

I spoke too soon.  Just got a Bon Voyage email for a cruise that I'm not on.....

38 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

I spoke too soon.  Just got a Bon Voyage email for a cruise that I'm not on.....

Mind if I ask which cruise? I just want to look into it further

18 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

Carnival Magic 5/19/19

That seemed to be a "quirk" of the system used to send the roll call email.  It will get sent to everyone who has posted on a roll call thread.  In this case someone started this post in the Help forum and a mod moved it to the roll call forum to be used as the roll call thread.    You had posted on it when it was still in the help forum, before it was moved.  

You

Just now, CC Help Jenn said:

That seemed to be a "quirk" of the system used to send the roll call email.  It will get sent to everyone who has posted on a roll call thread.  In this case someone started this post in the Help forum and a mod moved it to the roll call forum to be used as the roll call thread.    You had posted on it when it was still in the help forum, before it was moved.  

You

So, I'll be getting random Boy Voyage emails now?  Well, it'll make me feel like I'm cruising soon.....

51 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

So, I'll be getting random Boy Voyage emails now?  Well, it'll make me feel like I'm cruising soon.....

Well, I guess if you have participated in other roll calls you may receive another.  I like Essiesmom's moms suggestion that you get the VIP points. Maybe I can ask my e-letter team to work that into the deal

36 minutes ago, CC Help Jenn said:

Well, I guess if you have participated in other roll calls you may receive another.  I like Essiesmom's moms suggestion that you get the VIP points. Maybe I can ask my e-letter team to work that into the deal

Well, I haven't really "participated" in a lot.  But, I've directed some people who started threads that were posted in the wrong forums.  Don't know how many of those were just moved to the Roll Call forum.  

VIFP points would be good......