5-2-19 Thursday Weigh-In...Can You Believe It's May Already?

Belle

Where is the time going this year

All the Holidays's are getting near

Was the month of April good for you in weight loss

If not must eat less and have a salad you toss

May weather I hope is getting warmer where you live in a house or flat

Will be easier to exercise if not having to wear a coat and hat

So rise and shine on this Thursday weigh-in

Just getting up and on the scale is a win

So this morning hope you all come in and weigh and talk

Then have something to drink and take a long walk

Remember we're all friends in here and hoping you/we lose each week

But if you are up or down we want you in here even if you feel your dieting is weak

This thread is to help us to keep going though the good and bad times..got that straight

Weighing in each week keeps us going, not giving up, even if gaining or staying at same weight

I think we should be giving more tips and telling the food we eat to try to get healthy and thinner

Helping each other will make us all Winner's:classic_smile:

• Like 1

I will tell you what I'm trying to do to lose weight. Of course like some of you...

some days better than others. I'm trying to eat less carbs, mainly less sugar.

Been mostly eating two meals a day. This week ate meals out so think I

won't have a loss. Some weeks are like that but I won't give up.

What I'm lacking in is exercise. Did walking but with all our rain haven't done it

in months.

I did get some exercise pulling weeds which cost me money.  Saw that a pipe was leaking water.

But on my side so water company doesn't fix, called a plumber, 30 minutes later and a Big Check

it was fixed. Plus don't know how long it was leaking, have to see water bill...another big check?

(my kids should of been plumbers, what they charge $$$$$$):classic_ohmy:

• Like 1

Oh no @Belle, I'm sorry about the leak. That kind of thing is such a bummer. I am down .2lb this week. I have been taking photos and although the scale isn't moving - things are tightening up 🙂 I have been doing Intermittent Fasting. I eat my first meal around 12pm and then don't eat after 7pm. I am trying to keep my calories under 1500 with limited carbs. I have always lifted weights but am trying more "cardio" focused things. Did a spin class on the 27th, body pump on the 28th and did another body pump last night. Each class burned over 500 calories! No alcohol since Easter Sunday. 😞

I leave Monday morning for a work trip to Nashville. God help me avoid all the wonderful foods I shouldn't be eating. I will be taking workout clothes.

I'm up .6# this week 😞 Frustrating, but not too surprising.  Hubby and I are supposed to start core work when he gets back from his business trip, so hopefully that will help some.  Have a great weekend all!

• Like 1

Good morning Belle - thanks for the poem this morning.  How come it seems that there are times on Wednesday's that I weigh less than on Thursdays?  I am down .6# from last week - which means I am still up .8# from our cruise.

So this is what I said this morning, but it never posted .... sigh .. sometimes I don't understand computers anymore!

• Like 1

Hi all!! Down 3.2# since the last time I checked in, but I have been having lots of stress at home because hubby's cancer is spreading again. Trying to eat better too, adding salads, fruits, and fresh fresh fresh. 

Getting ready for camping too this month, my sister and her hubby are coming for Memorial Weekend so we are going to be laking it from Fri to Mon. Love my popup. Anyone else got big plans for the holiday? 

Hello All..Stayed the same this week, thought I might.

Jenny a loss is a loss. Good job on the exercise, nice things are tightening up Your working

hard is paying off. Good luck on your trip.

Pac you will get that gain off fast. You've doing good. Nice your husband will be with you in exercising.

Jan good loss and congrats for almost getting cruise gain off fast. I know our weights go up

and down so fast day to day.  The reasons? 

Mom a very good loss but sorry some could because of stress. Sorry about your husband having

cancer and spreading. Wishing him the best. Sounds like been dealing with this for awhile.

Glad you will be camping the Holiday and having some fun with family.  Will be on a cruise

starting Sunday of the Holiday weekend.

Know some of you haven't posted yet and you will by this weekend. Love to hear/read how  your doing.

Rob how is your Mother doing? Hope your doing alright. Hope to see you back in here.

Dave haven't seen you since you got back from your cruise.  Come back in.

Everyone come back in..we miss you all.  You come in for awhile and leave, then we wonder about you.

Then we have you that have been here a long time and then leave. We really worry about you.

Mike, shootr, Rose, cruise 42 and many more of you long timers. 

Please come back in and tell us how your doing even if you don't want to stay. 

We  just want to know your all right.

Hope everyone have a Good Weekend.

Edited by Belle

Hi all. I lost .8 this week. I do good every week with exercise:  ZUMBA 2x/wks and exercise machines 2x/wks. My main problem is my caloric intake mostly anything sweet. I have been successful in the past on WW/caloric counting type programs so that is what I'm trying to do now. 

I'm headed to Nashville for the night so I hope to not overeat this weeks loss. I did pack workout clothes so I will hit the hotel gym in the am. Sadly, I will be missing my beloved Saturday morning ZUMBA class back home.

Great poem Belle.

Lazydays have a good time in Nashville. Your really doing good in exercising and you lost weight.

Weight To Go!  My downfall too...sweets!!!!  I have to ignore them..Easier said than done!

Belle - We had a busy day today, went to the gym and walked on the treadmill --- It is so nice that DH is going also ... then we went grocery shopping together and actually bought some english muffins -- We have very few carbs ... but tonight I am making "breakfast for dinner" and we both decided we needed some sort of bread .... funny, how such small items can become important.  Jan

Jan-Great going on going to the gym, so nice your husband is doing it to. You do it more

when doing it with someone else.  That's true Jan, you need bread with breakfast sometimes.:classic_smile:

Plus you did all that exercise.

Enjoy your breakfast. Wishing you a good Sat. night and restfull Sunday.

We spent a few hours in the yard trying to clean up from winter .... today was the first day this year that we had 70 degree temperatures - it was wonderful.  The lawn looks so much better and I have lots of flowers coming up.  Trees have buds on them ... leaves are not out yet ... but they are getting there.  I have lots of lilacs in my yard and am looking forward to the day that they are in bloom.  Jan  (Did go to the gym today for about 1 hour and 45 minutes!)

PS - So Belle, how are you spending your day?  Did you eat ok? exercise?  relax, etc.  Jan 

Edited by Jan_In_Maine

18 minutes ago, Tmc1512 said:

Hello! I am trying to lose weight before my cruise in the fall. I am a WW, we shall see how it goes. May I join you?

You are more than welcome to join in the fun!!!  Wish you all the best on losing weight --- where is your cruise in the fall?  We have one in November on NCL.  There will be a new thread every Thursday that Belle will start (as long as she isn't on a cruise) ... it is wonderful to have the support of everyone on these boards.  No one judges, we are all trying to be healthy.  Jan

Welcome  Tmc Glad you are joining us. Have weigh-in every Thursday and welcome to

come in everyday and talk.  Yes everyone is following their diet of choice. Hope your

doing good on WW.

Jan aren't lawns and things a lot of trouble. Trees, bushes and lawns grow to fast.

The WEEDS even grow FASTER! Everything else could die but the weeds will still

be there growing miles high.:classic_angry::classic_laugh:

1 minute ago, Belle said:

Jan aren't lawns and things a lot of trouble. Trees, bushes and lawns grow to fast.

The WEEDS even grow FASTER! Everything else could die but the weeds will still

be there growing miles high.:classic_angry::classic_laugh:

Belle we moved into our house 30 years ago ... and for some reason I got the bright idea of planting flower beds around the border of the yard .... It just keeps growing and growing ... and now I have birds and squirrels that are bringing plant seeds in ... so many different things growing that I never planted.  Good exercising, but I would love to give all the plants away.  

PS - It is 2:19 am here and I am still up!!!  Can't sleep.  Jan

Sorry you can't sleep. Only 11:22 pm here. But like you I can't sleep nights.

I'm still up at 2 am too most nights.

You must really have a pretty yard with all the plants but so much work.  Birds and

squirrels trying to help you.:classic_smile: I took some of mine out years ago. To much work.

Dealing with a grapefruit and apple tree, suppose to be small trees but so big. So

much fruit on grapefruit tree now.

Hope you can sleep in awhile. All the exercise, yard and gym. Your body is wired!🚶‍♀️

Good Afternoon or Evening depending where you live.

Hope none of you live where all the storms are brewing. See some of you in the states

having storms but hope your in a different part of the state. Stay safe.

On 5/3/2019 at 11:34 AM, fischymom said:

Hi all!! Down 3.2# since the last time I checked in, but I have been having lots of stress at home because hubby's cancer is spreading again. Trying to eat better too, adding salads, fruits, and fresh fresh fresh. 

Getting ready for camping too this month, my sister and her hubby are coming for Memorial Weekend so we are going to be laking it from Fri to Mon. Love my popup. Anyone else got big plans for the holiday? 

I'm sorry to read about your husband's cancer 😞 Camping and time on a lake sound like a wonderful respite.

I've been very busy lately so not much time to post.  Daughter graduates at the end of the month and son is finishing track & field season.  We cruise the day after graduation, so Memorial Weekend will be spent getting ready for the cruise and graduation guests.

Welcome Tmc1512!