Private Day Tour in Iceland

We have done two tours with Iceland Guided Tours (igtours). We did the Golden Falls and geysers and a short city tour and the 10 sites in 5 hours. Both were great. You are in a minibus. They pick you up/drop off at the port. The driver is your guide.

Make sure you spend some time walking around Reyjavik. It's an interesting city.  When we were in the church the organist was practicing. Magnificent!

5 minutes ago, Traveling Library said:

We have done two tours with Iceland Guided Tours (igtours). We did the Golden Falls and geysers and a short city tour and the 10 sites in 5 hours. Both were great. You are in a minibus. They pick you up/drop off at the port. The driver is your guide.

Make sure you spend some time walking around Reyjavik. It's an interesting city.  When we were in the church the organist was practicing. Magnificent!

Thanks very much :)

I highly recommend GeoIceland.  We had a fabulous day with them last summer on their tour of the South Coast, which is stunningly beautiful.   A number of folks on our Roll Call went, there were several minibuses.  Some folks also used them for the Golden Circle tour and had a great time too. They were very easy to deal with via email, and the guide we had was one of our best guides ever.  They picked us up at and returned us to the port.

Will you have two two full days? 

1 hour ago, Turtles06 said:

I highly recommend GeoIceland.  We had a fabulous day with them last summer on their tour of the South Coast, which is stunningly beautiful.   A number of folks on our Roll Call went, there were several minibuses.  Some folks also used them for the Golden Circle tour and had a great time too. They were very easy to deal with via email, and the guide we had was one of our best guides ever.  They picked us up at and returned us to the port.

Will you have two two full days? 

Thanks for the referral. We have one full day, and we leave the following afternoon, so we are looking for one full day tour and one half day one, but leaving us enough time to see Reykjavik.

Last year we used Iceland Guided Tours and did the Golden Circle.  We were taken into Reykjavik on the way back to the ship.  I could recommend the comp6as they were excellent and we didn't have to pay until the day

13 hours ago, lynncarol said:

We used GeoIceland for the Golden Circle tour.  They did a great job (even dropped some folks off in town instead of back at the ship) and best of all, no deposit money was requested pre-cruise. 

Thanks!

11 hours ago, dronnygirl said:

Last year we used Iceland Guided Tours and did the Golden Circle.  We were taken into Reykjavik on the way back to the ship.  I could recommend the comp6as they were excellent and we didn't have to pay until the day

Thanks! We only have a day and a half there, but I am so excited about finally getting to see Iceland :)

On 5/3/2019 at 11:33 PM, safarigal said:

Thanks! We only have a day and a half there, but I am so excited about finally getting to see Iceland 🙂

The end of the Iceland Guided Golden Circle Tour takes you to the key sites in Reykjavik.  I suggest on your half day go into town on your own and walk around. 

Expect a full day private tour to start at $1000 or so, with not much discount for a half day tour as they are unlikely to be able to fill the other half.

Lots of affordable minibus tours out there if those prices are out of reach.

28 minutes ago, Nitemare said:

Expect a full day private tour to start at $1000 or so, with not much discount for a half day tour as they are unlikely to be able to fill the other half.

Lots of affordable minibus tours out there if those prices are out of reach.

Wow! Thanks for the heads up! I think a minibus tour would be more in our price range :)

Yeah, I didn't want to assume it was out of reach, but we did one once (winter superjeep out of Vik) and it was worth it, but the minibus tours for $100 or $150 are worth it, too, and we can do many more of those than we can the Private tours!

Check TripAdvisor for recommended companies.  Really, all the local companies are very highly regarded.  Avoid the third party booking companies that you've heard of (like Viator and TripAdvisor) and others you haven't (like GuidetoIceland).  They probably will get you a great tour, but if there is weather or some other reason for a delay or cancel it can be a pain to get a refund.

2 minutes ago, Nitemare said:

Yeah, I didn't want to assume it was out of reach, but we did one once (winter superjeep out of Vik) and it was worth it, but the minibus tours for $100 or $150 are worth it, too, and we can do many more of those than we can the Private tours!

Check TripAdvisor for recommended companies.  Really, all the local companies are very highly regarded.  Avoid the third party booking companies that you've heard of (like Viator and TripAdvisor) and others you haven't (like GuidetoIceland).  They probably will get you a great tour, but if there is weather or some other reason for a delay or cancel it can be a pain to get a refund.

Yes, that is much more in our price range :)

• 3 weeks later...

Just returned from Iceland, we used Your Day Tours.  We were a group of 12 in a small bus with a great guide, Addy.  Hit all the sites on the Golden Circle and also able to do a stop at a farm where we were able to visit horses and sheep in their barns, sheep had just had their lambs or were about to at any minute.  We never would have been able to see everything on our own and the guide added so much to the experience - she even explained the naming process for children.  We paid $92US each, organized by someone on our roll call - we ended up with 4 mini buses.  It was a great day.

On 5/24/2019 at 7:02 AM, mahi mahi said:

Just returned from Iceland, we used Your Day Tours.  We were a group of 12 in a small bus with a great guide, Addy.  Hit all the sites on the Golden Circle and also able to do a stop at a farm where we were able to visit horses and sheep in their barns, sheep had just had their lambs or were about to at any minute.  We never would have been able to see everything on our own and the guide added so much to the experience - she even explained the naming process for children.  We paid $92US each, organized by someone on our roll call - we ended up with 4 mini buses.  It was a great day.

Thanks for sharing this information.

On 5/24/2019 at 10:02 AM, mahi mahi said:

Thanks. That sounds great :)

• 2 weeks later...

I just returned from Iceland recently and did two small group tours with Hidden Iceland. Both the Golden Circle and South Coast tours were outstanding and our guide was very informative. We went off the beaten path to several little-known spots and visited the iconic attractions as well. Very memorable and highly recommended! I agree with using your half-day to explore Reykjavik on your own. Visit the Perlan museum or take a one hour boat trip out to see the puffins. We saw many of them and they're so cute.  

5 minutes ago, sunlover757 said:

I just returned from Iceland recently and did two small group tours with Hidden Iceland. Both the Golden Circle and South Coast tours were outstanding and our guide was very informative. We went off the beaten path to several little-known spots and visited the iconic attractions as well. Very memorable and highly recommended! I agree with using your half-day to explore Reykjavik on your own. Visit the Perlan museum or take a one hour boat trip out to see the puffins. We saw many of them and they're so cute.  

Thanks! We will try to fit in the puffins - I agree, they are very cute!

• Like 1