Princess AMEX Offer $225 off $750+

rj42

I received this offer today for my AMEX Blue Cash Preferred card, you have to book through the Princess site or by phone, book by 6/30. 

"DETAILS
Get a one-time $225 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $750+ on cruise reservations online at princess.com/amex2019 or by phone at 1-800-774-6237 by 6/30/2019. See terms for exclusions.

OFFER TERMS
Enrollment limited. Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem. Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards are eligible. Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels. Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card. Offer valid only for reservations booked between 5/3/2019 and 6/30/2019 with Princess Cruises at Princess.com or phone at 1-800-774-6237. Must be booked on US website only. Valid only on purchases made in US dollars. Excludes physical gift cards, electronic gift cards and bulk/corporate gift cards. Excludes onboard purchases, transfers/transportation to the ship, gift and services, parking fees at port, online shop, cruise personalizer, Worldwide Emergency Assistance Services, special events in culinary arts, digital workshops, special entertainment venues, Formalwear Rentals, "Give a Guest a Gift", Princess Ezair and motor coach program. Excludes if not booked at time of reservation: airfare booked through cruise line, excursions, hotels, cruise Insurance, luggage valet service, Celebrations (birthdays, weddings, etc.) and MedallionClass. Offer is non-transferable. Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member. The enrolled account must be active, in good standing and not in default to receive the statement credit. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 6/30/2019, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer."

Thanks for the heads-up! DH and I have totally separate accounts and, unfortunately, neither of us have this...yet. Hopefully A,ex is still in the process of adding this offer to accounts. We’ve taken advantage of these offers several times.

it is interesting that this one is from Princess and not from World’s Leading Cruise Line’s (Carnival Corp.).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rj42 said:

Offer valid only for reservations booked between 5/3/2019 and 6/30/2019 with Princess Cruises at Princess.com or phone at 1-800-774-6237. Must be booked on US website only.

Can I then transfer the reservation to my TA? If not, then $225 is not a great deal. Using my travel credit card and TA, I get:

What's AMEX cash back?: 3% cash back ($60 on a $2,000 cruise)

If AMEX does not offer it: Free travel insurance ($100)

If I can't transfer: OBC from TA ($150) 

Edited by richmke

18 hours ago, rj42 said:

Offer valid only for reservations booked between 5/3/2019 and 6/30/2019 with Princess Cruises at Princess.com or phone at 1-800-774-6237.

Previous offers have also allowed using a travel agent, not restricted to just only working with Princess directly.

16 minutes ago, caribill said:

Previous offers have also allowed using a travel agent, not restricted to just only working with Princess directly.

Yes, I've used it many times using a travel agency on a new / previous booking.  

Unfortunately, the agency I use doesn't take American Express cards ... I know, I know ... I checked!!  

I was so hoping to get this offer ... but I just realized I don't have the AMEX Blue Cash 'Preferred' card .... just the regular 'Everyday' card.  

Almost worth upgrading for that offer, though.  

I also do not have the offer. I have always had it from World's Leading Cruise Line without having to use any back door method. We also go through a travel agent and have cashed in on the offers several times.

I'm here on the boards today because of the Amex offer. My husband and I each got it on our Amex Blue EVERYDAY cards. So it's at least possible to get it there.

We cruise on Royal Caribbean, but seeing that offer today made me take a peek at Princess's site. We're both interested in trying them out. We've got a lot going on right now with my husband's PhD program, and we've got a big trip planned in 2021 when he'll hopefully be graduating, but I'd love to try Princess in 2022. Maybe fly to Hong Kong and take a cruise to Tokyo. 

Anyway, good luck to all of you getting the Amex offer on your cards! Happy cruising.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Sailor Taylor said:

I booked with an agent so if I use it to pay final payment it will not qualify died right?   

Does it work with booking excursions at Princess.com?

I've had the previous offers credited when booking through a travel agent. As long as the charge is made by the TA directly to the cruise line and not to the cruise agency, you should be credited with having fulfilled the offer.

And this is how the charge should always be made. Any TA that credits your payment originally to their agency and not the cruise line should be avoided.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, cricketcj1 said:

I just called AMX as this didn't show on my card,Was told yes sthis applys to blue cards. Thanks for heeds up.

And I just called AMEX and she told me it is an individual offer for people. Some get it, some don't.  No certain card would get it.  I wish they would get their info correct!!!

Anyone Know about using it to book the excursions? Under the offer details it says Excludes if not booked at time of reservation: airfare booked through cruise line, excursions, hotels, cruise Insurance, luggage valet service, Celebrations (birthdays, weddings, etc.) and MedallionClass.

There is no way to book the excursions at the time reservat
ion you can do it right after. Will it code the same and be part of the offer

I hope mine will trickle in.  However, this sounds a bit different than the offer that many of us have used in the past (this one is PRINCESS only???).  To anyone that has USED this new offer:  Did any of you have success using it through your travel agent?   Many of us were able to use it through our agent.  Also, even though there are numerous exceptions listed,  I think most of us were able to use the offer for any balance due on an existing booking... at least I did.

TIA

OP, thanks for the heads up!

I sure hope this works if buying a gift card.  Right now you can get a $50 bonus card if you buy $1,000 in gift cards.  I'm currently cruising, so I'll have to wait a few days to explore this offer.

I have five family members, including myself, who recently received and used World's Leading Cruise Lines (WLCL) offers for Princess through AMEX.  Surprisingly, the newest Princess offer did not appear on any of our 15+ personal or business cards.  We have a wide variety of AMEX cards including the Blue Cash.  I'm curious whether they're targeting new customers who have not previously used a WLCL offer this year. 

5 hours ago, CanICruiseSoonPlease said:

I just called AMEX again to get a third answer.   It's a randomly selected promo.   Not any specific card.   The rep spoke to the supervisor to verify.   Hope this helps.   I'm bummed I'm not one of the randomly selected people.  

Don't give up yet.

Keep checking.

We have gotten the other promos weeks after others on here posted that they had gotten them.