Shorebee Excursion in Santorini and General Santorini Advice

Melcatfish

Hi,

I am considering the Shorebee Santorini Full Day excursion specifically because they meet you at the tender dock and do a private boat direct to Athinaio which they suggest is a 5 min trip (Am assuming they use a speed boat not the slower ferry that others mention catching.) From there we can customise our 6 hour tour. I am assuming as Oia is the place where everyone wants photos and can get super busy we would be best to request to do this first before taking in other sights.

We are a group of 10 family members ranging from 11 to 70. Not really interested in the winery, but other than that keen to see as much as possible but still get back in plenty of time as one of our group is VERY anxious about potentially missing the all aboard time!

So I would like to know:

a) Have any of you had experience of this tour company

b) Any tips for what to see and what order?

Thanks in advance,

Mel

PS I have done a lot of searches of the board for Santorini info so have picked up some good tips already so thank you 🙂

I'd never heard of Shore Bee. 

They're not a tour operator, they're a tour consolidator / booking agency and they sell tours in a large part of the Med.

As you have found, there's scant information about them on the 'web.

24 pages of great reviews on their own web-site, but hardly a mention elsewhere.

How strange  :classic_rolleyes:

And even genuine reviews (good or bad) of tours themselves are irrelevant unless they were with the same tour operator as they'll use for you.

A couple of negatives on TripAdvisor about not getting refunds - and since that's a major reason for using a booking agency (or at least those with world-wide reputations like Viator) it's a worry.

If that's the route you want to take, there are lots of better-known cruise excursion agencies like cruisingexcursions (I've not used them so I'm not recommending them, just that they are established and well-known).

But I suggest you dig deeply to find directly a well-reviewed tour operator on Santorini. TripAdvisor would be a good place to start.

Just MHO as always

JB :classic_smile:

Edited by John Bull
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

i booked a tour with Shorebee - they didnt let me know that there were not enough people to run the tour until I contacted them to ask why they hadnt sent details of where we would be met.  I thought it was very poor - leaving things to the last minute like that.  Anyway - they refunded my money no problems but the tour had been booked for over a year and left very little time to organise anything else.