Wow bands Anthem

I experienced this on Anthem three times in late 2017 and early 2018.   

If the muster station printed on the band was the same as your new muster station they would add an existing wow band to the account, but they would not exchange a wow band for a different muster station.  I was doing a B2B and my muster station remained the same despite changing cabins.  I had to purchase a new wow band on the 1st cruise and only because my muster station remained the same did they allow me to re-use that wow band on the second cruise of the B2B. 

Contrast that with Symphony who accepted my old wow bands and provided me with new wow bands absent of any muster station printed on them without any fees.  

I now posses muster free wow bands courtesy Symphony that I hope to use on Ovation soon.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, marci22 said:

Thanks I’ll ask concierge later and see what he says. Not a big deal but I’d use it if I could exchange.

The diamond concierge didn't offer to help me, just confirmed no exchange.  If you are in a suite it's moot point since you'll get new ones.  

11 hours ago, twangster said:

The diamond concierge didn't offer to help me, just confirmed no exchange.  If you are in a suite it's moot point since you'll get new ones.  

Just wanted to confirm that this includes Junior Suites as well, correct?  We're in a Suite GTY, so we're not sure what we're going to get yet.

1 hour ago, EMBFlyer said:

Just wanted to confirm that this includes Junior Suites as well, correct?  We're in a Suite GTY, so we're not sure what we're going to get yet.

Yes, JS gets free wow bands.

2 hours ago, vrock said:

Anyone have any recent experiences with old wow band exchange/reprogramming on ovation of the seas. 

I can tell you that they can be reprogrammed in 2 seconds. Whether they will do it, ymmv. Hopefully someone has recent experience.

If you have an older band it isn’t worth it (hard to take off and put back on) but it looks like the newer ones are better. 

• 2 weeks later...

Going on the Symphony July 13th and since it's our first time on RCCL, wondering about these WOW bands. Can I purchase them in advance online for my group (9 of us) or is that something that we have to get onboard ship? Also, how much are they and are they worth the cost (I know, the answer is very subjective, but curious about the pros and cons)?  Thanks!

One of the issues I see, is taking it off to give to the bar tender or other ship's personnel to charge your account, thus the sea pass card is easiest to use at the bars. RCCL needed an Industrial Engineer in Human to machine interaction to get a better design. 

I’m not a regular cruiser on large ships (prefer the itineraries on smaller ships) but will be on Harmony and Anthem later this year.  I’ve never had a problem using my card and usually keep it in my pocket.  What’s the benefit of getting a card?  

1 hour ago, sellwingri said:

I’m not a regular cruiser on large ships (prefer the itineraries on smaller ships) but will be on Harmony and Anthem later this year.  I’ve never had a problem using my card and usually keep it in my pocket.  What’s the benefit of getting a card?  

The card is required to get off and back on the ship at port stops.

On 5/10/2019 at 1:24 PM, Peeker28 said:

I am sailing on Anthem June 6th and will be bringing my WOW bands from Harmony last year.  They have the muster station on them and I hope I can use them for Anthem.  I will report back

Their policy is that you will have to buy new ones or get them as a suite guest. Regular guest services would not even discuss.