Turtle snorkeling

kmarie30

We are sailing out of San Juan to St. Thomas, St. Maarten, St. Kitts, St. Lucia and Barbados. I am not sure if all of these locations have the option of snorkeling with turtles, but curious which place is the best for this?

• 2 weeks later...

For snorkeling with turtles i would go with Calabaza on Barbados.  They are a first class operation.  Have been with them a couple of times and booked with them again next year.  Last year as soon as I jumped in the water a large turtle was with our guide.  They are very protective of the turtles.  Check them out on Trip Advisor or go to the Barbados section on Cruise Critic.  Good luck and have fun!

• 1 month later...
On 5/14/2019 at 7:52 AM, PAcruiser19372 said:

For snorkeling with turtles i would go with Calabaza on Barbados.  They are a first class operation.  Have been with them a couple of times and booked with them again next year.  Last year as soon as I jumped in the water a large turtle was with our guide.  They are very protective of the turtles.  Check them out on Trip Advisor or go to the Barbados section on Cruise Critic.  Good luck and have fun!

I totally agree with this!  We went with them a few years ago. Really, the best snorkel excursion I've ever been on. Up close with the turtles in the water, wonderful food service (no paper plate), and delicious rum punch 😁. The ratio of passengers to crew is perfect. I felt like we were treated like VIPs the whole time.