Weather

PaulaM03

You're into the autumn solstice, and the days are that bit shorter, so it might not be as hot as summer; there's a chance of some rain and could be windy. We've had mixed weather in autumn, but more warmth than not. It's my preferred time to be in the Med, because the summer heat is too much for me. Southern Italy and Croatia will be the hottest, and the sea should still be warm enough for swimming.

Enjoy!

• 1 month later...

weatherspark.com is my favorite trip-planning site. They have historical data (averages and ranges) presented in year-long charts or graphs, for all manner of weather aspects including but not limited to temperatures and rainfall.

• Like 2

The weather in the Med has been real unpredictable this early shoulder season April/May we had rain in Sicily, Venice and Split and it was quite cool so i would advise packing for mixed weather including some waterproofs and layers for colder days and nights, but saying that we have had some outstandingingly good weather in the back endof the year in the Med. so best i can suggest is go prepared. hth

Edited by 2BACRUISER

Croatia can get a bit cool in October with lowest temperatures of 55 F or 13 Celsius. The end of September and beginning of October can be relatively warm with temperatures of 67 F or 19 C. You won;t be hitting the beach, that's for sure, and you might be lucky to visit Split and Dubrovnik with less crowds on the streets.

• 3 months later...

We cruised mid October, Venice to Croatia, several ports I. Italy then ending in Athens. I’ll be honest, we were very cold on Venice. I wore jeans, shirt and leather jacket. Our second stop was Dubrovnik and I was worried about freezing like in Venice so I doubled up my pants, and ended up too hot, lol. The trip after Venice got warmer and warmer, in Rome we wore shorts. 

So pack things you can layer, and have an amazing trip! 

On 6/21/2019 at 2:22 PM, crystalspin said:

weatherspark.com is my favorite trip-planning site. They have historical data (averages and ranges) presented in year-long charts or graphs, for all manner of weather aspects including but not limited to temperatures and rainfall.

Thank you for the site - I've always just used the city websites to check weather prior to leaving. 

Smooth Sailing! 🙂🙂🙂

Yes, when it gets real close, I check the Weather Channel and the Weather Network to see what's expected (historical often not current, with climate change). Then I modify what's in the suitcase for those predictions.

Doing that today for a land trip in central Europe; we leave on Thursday!

On 10/15/2019 at 9:09 PM, ldock said:

We cruised mid October, Venice to Croatia, several ports I. Italy then ending in Athens. I’ll be honest, we were very cold on Venice. I wore jeans, shirt and leather jacket. Our second stop was Dubrovnik and I was worried about freezing like in Venice so I doubled up my pants, and ended up too hot, lol. The trip after Venice got warmer and warmer, in Rome we wore shorts. 

So pack things you can layer, and have an amazing trip! 

The OP indicated that they were leaving at the beginning of October.

DON

Obviously there are no guarantees, but I can offer the following.  Some of the best weather we have had in the Adriatic (and the Med in general) has been in October.  Mrs Ldubs claims good weather follows her around.  I think she is right.  

Haha, I just saw the dates involved.  Well, hopefully the OP enjoyed great weather!

Edited by ldubs