Which Studio cabins on Epic?

I'm new to NCL and seriously thinking about going on the Western Med cruise from Civitavecchia (7 days) in the summer but could do with some guidance as to which Studio cabin to pick. I've already seen on here that having one closer to the Studio Lounge is better so you don't have to walk so far.

1. If I go through the booking process on NCL (I will probably use a TA though), it only offers me cabins on Deck 11 - is it just favouring Deck 11 cabins first over Deck 12 - and can a TA see all the cabins available and not just the ones that the NCL website recommends?

2. Is it better to go for a connecting cabin or a non-connecting cabin?

3. Deck 11 or Deck 12?

4. Are there any cabins to avoid (I don't know what is in the blank spaces on the deck plans)?

Thanks 🙂

Any suggestions as I'd like to book tomorrow?

Point 1 - having spoken to the NCL consultant I know that only Deck 11 cabins are supposedly available but I could do with some advice about Points 2 and 4 please 🙂

Hi! I've been in the studios on Epic twice. Granted, it's been a few years, but I'm sure their placement hasn't changed. 😛

1. Deck 11 is the deck that the lounge is on, so unless you just want to be on a different deck, I'd consider that a good thing. Both my studios were on deck 11. Intentionally.

2. Personally, I always go for a non-connecting one...unless you know the person in the connecting cabin. I've heard (in past posts on this forum) that sound travels through the connecting doors moreso than the wall in the non-connecting rooms.

3. See point 1. :)

4. Just going on reading past posts on this forum, but the only ones to avoid would be the cabins right at the hallway doors. If you're a light sleeper, you might be able to hear the hallway doors opening or closing as people come into or go out of the studio hallway. My first studio was a little far down the hallway from the lounge, so my second trip, I got a cabin a bit closer to the lounge. I was happy with both rooms. It was just a matter of having a shorter walk to the meetings each night. lol

Hope that helps! :)

Don't despair if you end up with a connecting, they're really not that much louder than the others. I haven't found a bad studio on the Epic yet. Definitely whatever you do, don't let your studio location be a dealbreaker for the trip. They're all fine, pretty standard stuff. Even if you're not near a hallway storage area, there are other noises that could bother you, such as a loud neighbour, toilets flushing, etc. As long as you accept before going into it that you won't have total silence wherever you are, you will be fine.

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 7:38 AM, phoenix1975 said:

I'm new to NCL and seriously thinking about going on the Western Med cruise from Civitavecchia (7 days) in the summer but could do with some guidance as to which Studio cabin to pick. I've already seen on here that having one closer to the Studio Lounge is better so you don't have to walk so far.

1. If I go through the booking process on NCL (I will probably use a TA though), it only offers me cabins on Deck 11 - is it just favouring Deck 11 cabins first over Deck 12 - and can a TA see all the cabins available and not just the ones that the NCL website recommends?

2. Is it better to go for a connecting cabin or a non-connecting cabin?

My personal opinion is to never book a connecting studio cabin, but that may not be possible the closer one gets to a sailing date.

3. Deck 11 or Deck 12?

I prefer 12 more than 11, though the forward area on 11 (11500-11515) is rather quiet, and still close to the Lounge.

4. Are there any cabins to avoid (I don't know what is in the blank spaces on the deck plans)?

12514 & 12515 !!!!

No one in the History Of Ever has stayed in either of those, had something overly positive to say about the experience, or re-booked them on future sailings.

Thanks 🙂

See notes above in Red😊

Thanks for all the tips. I went ahead last night and booked a cabin. Deck 11 - 11519 so near to the lounge but not right next to it and one of the two remaining non-connecting cabins.

Looked at the price today and it's gone down by £40 but there we go, I can't grumble for the ridiculously low price I've got it for compared with what I've paid on other cruise lines.

Hi Phoenix1975, I too am in a solo cabin on 10th July from Rome! I spent Christmas just gone on the Epic is a studio cabin and I loved it! The studio lounge is a great concept and I have made some good friends from around the globe by using it. Try and go to the first night introduction meeting which starts at 18.00, which gives you a taste of whats on offer! Desk 11 is fine so don't worry about that! Sigh up to the roll call too! Which cruise did you go for in the end?Have a great time! 😀

I am sailing on May 26, in the much-maligned 12515! I choose it because of proximity to both the lounge and the elevators. I am an urban dweller, and rarely have trouble sleeping, unless it's too quiet. I also tend to take online reviews with large doses of salt.

• 2 weeks later...