New York pier location

jjeffjb

2 hours ago, jjeffjb said:

Is the NY pier at about W 45th St.?

Per 88 12th Ave and 48th St. Pier 90 12th Ave and 50th St. Pier 92/94 12 Ave. and 52nd St.  Motor vehicle entrance to all the piers is at 12th Ave and 55th St. Pedestrian entrances are at the streets noted.

Edited by njhorseman

10 minutes ago, Jim and Monika said:

How is parking availability and pricing in that area?

Thank You

The best price I found was using ParkWhiz, $175., for a garage at 58th St., for a week.

Its more expensive (last look $40/day) but very convenient to park "on the roof" right at the pier.

We've done this many times and will do it again this summer. Arrive a little early for a spot. 

Find the cost/details online.

The car will be out in the sun for a week so a good windshield shade is advised.

John

On 5/10/2019 at 8:42 PM, ohcsim123 said:

Its more expensive (last look $40/day) but very convenient to park "on the roof" right at the pier.

We've done this many times and will do it again this summer. Arrive a little early for a spot. 

Find the cost/details online.

The car will be out in the sun for a week so a good windshield shade is advised.

John

Agree ... parking at the Manhattan Cruise Terminal is the most convenient and secure. Inexpensive ... no.

On 5/18/2019 at 9:03 AM, Wynterwynd said:

Park near EWR and Uber to the pier.  That’s what we did last summer.

On 5/8/2019 at 1:03 PM, jjeffjb said:

The best price I found was using ParkWhiz, $175., for a garage at 58th St., for a week.

A lot may depend on the length of your cruise and your personal preferences for logistics.  $175 and being that close to the pier for a round-trip NYC cruise would win in my book (but not in everyone's book) over parking at EWR and Ubering back & forth. 

When we lived in CT we would do one-way car rentals to get to the NYC area airports and back, this could work for a cruise as well.  If you are gone for more than 10 days or so, the cost of at- or near-to- pier parking could quickly outstrip the cost of a rental or parking at EWR & Uber'ing back & forth.  Depending on distance, you could even look at Uber'ing or a car service all the way from your home to the pier and back (I assume this would cost more than at least some of the other options, but door-to-door service could be a luxury that is worth it to you).

FYI, the parking at the pier is only accessible on days of embarkation & debarkation according to the Port Authority's website when I checked a few months ago.  So if you want an overnight pre- or post-cruise, parking at the pier may not work (that's why we didn't park there in December when we flew EWR-MIA for an MIA-NYC cruise).