Miracle Dry Dock 2020

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Justhockey said:

Just got off the Miracle on Nov. 9th. According to the staff they are adding a Guys, Blue Iguana and an outdoor screen!  Going on her again in July to Alaska and all 3 will be great additions. 

Thank you for the update! John Heald is supposed to be releasing details “soon”. So happy about dive In movies if true. 

• Like 1

On 11/16/2019 at 3:32 PM, Justhockey said:

Just got off the Miracle on Nov. 9th. According to the staff they are adding a Guys, Blue Iguana and an outdoor screen!  Going on her again in July to Alaska and all 3 will be great additions. 

I’m super stoked to hear about the drive-in movies!  Thank you for posting

https://cruisefever.net/updated-carnival-ship-upgrade-schedule/

Carnival Cruise Line’s Cruise Ship Dry Dock Schedule and Upgrades

Ben SouzaBy Ben Souza
November 22, 2019

Every three to five years, Carnival Cruise Line’s cruise ships go into dry dock for not only routine maintenance, and also to have new features and upgrades added to the ships.
carnivalcruiseshipfunnels.jpg

When cruise ships go into dry dock, they receive routine hotel maintenance (new beds etc) and cosmetic upgrades in public areas that include lighting, new carpet, tile work, and wall coverings.  Lately, Carnival has also been adding new restaurants (Bonsai Sushi etc), water slides, new staterooms, and new retail shops.  Also, the dry dock gives cruise lines time to work on parts of the ships that are under the water line (azipods, propellers etc).

Since many cruisers enjoy cruising on ships that have recently been updated, here is Carnival Cruise Line’s updated schedule for dry dock upgrades for their cruise ships over the next few years.  This list was updated on November 22, 2019 with information directly from Carnival Cruise Line.

• Carnival Sensation – January 6-17, 2020
  • Carnival Miracle – February 14 through March 4, 2020
  • Carnival Elation – March 2-25, 2020
  • Carnival Victory’s transformation into Carnival Radiance – March 19 through April 26, 2020
  • Carnival Fascination – November 6-21, 2020
  • Carnival Inspiration – January 11-28, 2021
  • Carnival Paradise – February 27 through March 18, 2021
  • Carnival Spirit – May 29 through June 12, 2021
  • Search Deals on Carnival Cruise Line (Cruises from $149)

So far in 2019, several Carnival cruise ships have already been refurbished in dry dock.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2019 at 4:00 PM, Kelownacruiser said:

Excellent news. We're doing the 17 night Panama cruise right after the dry dock so having those on board will be great. Dive In movie screen would also be great if it happens.

We are also on the panama canal cruise right after dry dock, but ours is 14 days. 

20 hours ago, pops72106 said:

We are also on the panama canal cruise right after dry dock, but ours is 14 days. 

Yeah, it was shortened from 17 days to 14 days as Carnival needed an extra 4 days for dry dock.  I was interested booking the 17 Panama cruise... hoping for a similar 17 day cruise in 2021.

• 2 weeks later...

We are sailing on the Miracle January 6th out of San Diego...and then again to Alaska in July out of San Francisco.  From Arizona, so some of our closest ports.Too funny, but I booked the Alaska cruise because it was longer than the usual 7 day, cheaper than the usual 7 day, and the perfect time of year.  I actually didn't put 2 & 2 together than it was on the same ship until a month after I booked it...

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.embarkandaway.com/carnival-drydock-schedule.html

Carnival Miracle's Dry-Dock Information:  UPDATED INFORMATION! 
Previous Dry-Dock:  2015             Year of Next Scheduled Dry-Dock:  2020
Notes:   The Carnival Miracle's next dry-dock is scheduled for 2/14/20 - 3/04/20, according to GoCCL. The ship is currently scheduled to receive features such as Guy's Burger Joint, Blue Iguana Cantina, Carnival's WaterWorks, Red Frog Rum Bar, and the Blue Iguana Cantina Bar. This information is from the Carnival website's list of coming soon features for the Carnival Miracle. I will update this if I learn any additional information about the Carnival Miracle's 2020 dry-dock.

18 minutes ago, nascargirly said:

http://www.embarkandaway.com/carnival-drydock-schedule.html

Carnival Miracle's Dry-Dock Information:  UPDATED INFORMATION! 
Previous Dry-Dock:  2015             Year of Next Scheduled Dry-Dock:  2020
Notes:   The Carnival Miracle's next dry-dock is scheduled for 2/14/20 - 3/04/20, according to GoCCL. The ship is currently scheduled to receive features such as Guy's Burger Joint, Blue Iguana Cantina, Carnival's WaterWorks, Red Frog Rum Bar, and the Blue Iguana Cantina Bar. This information is from the Carnival website's list of coming soon features for the Carnival Miracle. I will update this if I learn any additional information about the Carnival Miracle's 2020 dry-dock.

Great info!! Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

The Miracle definitely needs hotel maintenance. We were on this ship  in October from LA to Hawaii and back and not only was the cabin "run down," but we also dealt with plumbing issues throughout the two week cruise.  I love this ship, the staff is great, and we have been on it many times, but Carnival has not taken care of it as they should. We have one more cruise booked on the Miracle for Alaska in July and if there has not been a big improvement in cabins and plumbing, I will not want to sail on the Miracle again. It seems as if whoever is making decisions at Carnival does not realize that it is of utmost importance for all businesses to keep their property in good condition and good repair. If they don't, their business will gradually go elsewhere.  This applies to department stores, grocery stores, big box stores, hotels, restaurants, etc., and definitely to cruise ships.  

R. Owens

On 12/18/2019 at 5:41 PM, MEUB1112 said:

Great info!! Thanks.

So no dive in movie. Well it would have been nice but I told someone on my sailing that I was not holding my breath. It’s still going to be an amazing Hawaii cruise.

Edited by minniegidget

17 hours ago, ROwens said:

The Miracle definitely needs hotel maintenance. We were on this ship  in October from LA to Hawaii and back and not only was the cabin "run down," but we also dealt with plumbing issues throughout the two week cruise.  I love this ship, the staff is great, and we have been on it many times, but Carnival has not taken care of it as they should. We have one more cruise booked on the Miracle for Alaska in July and if there has not been a big improvement in cabins and plumbing, I will not want to sail on the Miracle again. It seems as if whoever is making decisions at Carnival does not realize that it is of utmost importance for all businesses to keep their property in good condition and good repair. If they don't, their business will gradually go elsewhere.  This applies to department stores, grocery stores, big box stores, hotels, restaurants, etc., and definitely to cruise ships.  

R. Owens

No doubt about this at all! In November I was in room 6232( the 4 person bowling alley balcony) and the room was pretty beat up. In the bathroom one of the shelves by the mirror was gone with only holes remaining. The bathroom door had a large scratch on the outside. The counter by the phone and safe was really chipped up bad in several areas. Did I still have a good cruise? Yes but this room could sure use some serious TLC.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2020 at 6:38 PM, louanne93 said:

We also were on her during Thanksgiving. We heard that the sky sports bar was being turned into a "Hero's" bar for Military appreciation. Classy touch!

Glad they are getting rid of the Sky Sports bar.  we sailed Miracle in May 19 and the place was always deserted.  Very sterile atmosphere, and pretty terrible sports programming on the TVs.  Only reason i went into the bar was to grab a drink during happy hour since the Red Frog was so busy and you had to wait forever to get a drink.

On 12/31/2019 at 9:56 PM, Banditswife said:

I was hoping for the big screen,  but since we are sailing to Alaska, it might be too cold.  I am curious, don't the Spirit class ships have a rolling roof to enclose Lido?  Does Miracle have that capability?

Yes, the Miracle has a rolling roof over one of the pools, at least it did last time I was on board.