At Crown Bay for the first time.......

RoperDK

We've always docked at Havensight , but will be at Crown Bay for the first time in September.  Is there someplace close to the port to have a Bushwacker and enjoy the water views?  We always head up to Paradise Point by tram for a Bushwacker and the views when we dock at Havensight.  Are there cabs available to take us to Paradise Point?  Approximate cost?  We've been to St. Thomas so many times that we just like to get off the ship for a short time and enjoy a local watering hole for a couple of hours.  Also, I have some mobility issues and the last time the walk and the tram plus the stairs nearly did me in. Are there any obstacles going by cab?  Thanks in advance!    

Tickles is an open air restaurant/bar right on the water at the yacht marina next to the Crown Bay dock. Easy, flat walk on paved ground. Very popular with visitors and residents. Unfortunately their bathrooms are upstairs, so ask for the key to the outside bathrooms if you don't want to

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Ms411 said:

Unfortunately their bathrooms are upstairs, so ask for the key to the outside bathrooms if you don't want to

Great suggestion if you would have a problem walking upstairs.  Thanks! 

• Thanks 1

Can anyone answer the OP’s question about any obstacles at PP when arriving by taxi? We haven’t driven up in some time and I can’t remember if there are steps up from the parking area to the restaurant area.

At least with a taxi you wouldn’t have to walk from the ship and up the stairs to the tram..

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, blue_water said:

Can anyone answer the OP’s question about any obstacles at PP when arriving by taxi? We haven’t driven up in some time and I can’t remember if there are steps up from the parking area to the restaurant area.

At least with a taxi you wouldn’t have to walk from the ship and up the stairs to the tram..

Thanks blue_water.  I am the OP.  I've done the trek to the tram and all of those stairs many times, but last time was proof that I'm not getting any younger, LOL.  I've never traveled there by car so I have no idea what it's like.  

• 3 weeks later...

We have docked at Crown Bay and  are always disappointed. The shopping is just OK. There are a few shops with nicer items, but many sell tourist delights-teashirts, hats, etc.NCL and RCL have docked at Crown Bay. Not sure how to get back to Havensight.

Loved Havensight and there is no comparison.
You can take a tram to Havensight if you tell them at the pier. Most drivers want a quick drive downtown; drop you off and return for more pax.Once the first wave of pax dies down, they might be more flexible.

Next time in St. Thomas, to Havensight we go!

To the OP about stairs at  PP, no there are no stairs as of the last time I was there in February 2019. I'm not sure if the bar that served the Bushwhackers is open though as it was closed when we went t the new steakhouse Prime. There are stairs to get to the steakhouse.

• Thanks 1