Can Diamond members use their free drink coupon in the dining room

You get 3 drinks loaded on your S&S card to use anytime the Diamond lounge happy hour exists, usually between 4:30 pm and 8:30 pm. Most bars have a Diamond lounge menu (bar menu) that you order from. I never ordered a drink during those times while in the dining room but there shouldn't be any reason why you couldn't use them as long as it is between those hours. We have found that tipping bartenders when they bring you the drinks makes them have bad memories and they can't remember if you had three drinks on your card or you only used two if you get my drift.

1 hour ago, Hogbay said:

No , if you have used them at the Schooner bar first and you are second sitting z☺

I think that the OP knows that if he has used them already that he can’t use them in the dining room or anywhere else. 

27 minutes ago, Mawelch said:

You get 3 drinks loaded on your S&S card to use anytime the Diamond lounge happy hour exists, usually between 4:30 pm and 8:30 pm. Most bars have a Diamond lounge menu (bar menu) that you order from. I never ordered a drink during those times while in the dining room but there shouldn't be any reason why you couldn't use them as long as it is between those hours. We have found that tipping bartenders when they bring you the drinks makes them have bad memories and they can't remember if you had three drinks on your card or you only used two if you get my drift.

The cocktail hours are either 4:30 to 8 or 5:00 to 8:30 with extremely few exceptions. 

The bartenders swipe your SeaPass card when you get a drink. The computer knows both what time it is and how many drinks you have obtained. 

All bars that honor the vouchers (there are a few that don’t) follow the Diamond Drink List. 

49 minutes ago, Mawelch said:

Just off the Navigator and the time was 5-8:30. I’m not sure if that’s a permanent change or not. 

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 6:57 AM, Merion_Mom said:

The cocktail hours are either 4:30 to 8 or 5:00 to 8:30 with extremely few exceptions. 

The bartenders swipe your SeaPass card when you get a drink. The computer knows both what time it is and how many drinks you have obtained. 

All bars that honor the vouchers (there are a few that don’t) follow the Diamond Drink List. 

If you tip good they forget to swipe your card.

• Like 2

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 1:14 AM, ILOVESHIPS said:

I am going on the Radiance of the Seas.  I know diamond members get  3 drinks on their card.

Can I use it in the dining room.

From experience, Oasis class allows happy hours drinks (3) to be ordered in the MDR.  Tried on Anthem many times, but the answer is  a flat no.  Don't know which other class of specific ship allows the same.

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

From experience, Oasis class allows happy hours drinks (3) to be ordered in the MDR.  Tried on Anthem many times, but the answer is  a flat no.  Don't know which other class of specific ship allows the same.

Just off Majesty to Cuba. Could use drink vouchers in MDR until 8:00. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

How would they know who's doing it?

They might not know who exactly did this, but they will definitely watch more.

Anyway... it is not completely "legal". Let's not get this wonderful benefit taken away by abusing it.

We had our first drink at the pool before we went to room to get ready

for the evening.  Then went down for a glass of wine at Vintages,

or sometimes Schooner bar.  Ordered a 2nd glass of wine just before

out seating or even specialty restaurant, and carried into dinner.

Never had a problem.  We stopped going to Diamond Lounge, as those

hostesses, tho very nice, did not know how make even simple drinks,

so we started going to the bars, etc. on the ship.

7 minutes ago, lluken said:

We stopped going to Diamond Lounge, as those

hostesses, tho very nice, did not know how make even simple drinks,

so we started going to the bars, etc. on the ship.

The servers who work the D lounge are no different than the servers and bartenders that work other bars. In fact, they go to other venues when the nightly event ends. If you ran into some that didn’t know how to make simple drinks, that is not typical of D lounge servers or any servers, in my experience.

On 6/3/2019 at 2:36 PM, nelblu said:

We had that experience on Anthem last year also nelblu. We got charged on our seapass card a few times and had to get it removed. Even when we asked in the MDR we were told yes you can, but then found the charges on our statement.