Real Ginger Beer on Board?

We will be embarking on the Summit this weekend and I recently found out that I am pregnant! Morning sickness/nausea has kicked in and I've been living on ginger beer (an extra strong non-alcoholic ginger ale made with real ginger) and ginger tea. Does anyone know if any of the bars offer real ginger beer? Does Cafe al Bacio offer ginger tea or should I bring my own?

Thanks!

Hit or miss, but sometimes Celebrity's Cafe al Bacio has a White Ginger Pear tea that they serve cold.  We have asked for it served hot and found it to be good.  Not as ginger potent as a pure ginger tea.

Edited by JRWLOBO
Left out location
  • Thanks 1

I know they serve Goslings.   On the Bermuda cruises they do serve Dark and Stormys using Gosling Ginger Beer and Gosling Rum.   I always ask for Kracken Rum as I like it better.   They also serve the Rum Swizzles.  

Some bars have Fever Tree that they use to make signature cocktails.  I think they only use it to make drinks and don’t serve it to the customers  by the bottle.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Gonzo70 said:

Nice user name! I do not recall seeing this (or ginger tea) on board; am not 100%, so hopefully others will confirm.

Lol whenever we go out for trivia nights everyone has such cool team names and I'm not that creative so our team name is usually "clever team name"

Just now, miched said:

I know they serve Goslings.  

Some bars have Fever Tree that they use to make signature cocktails.  I think they only use it to make drinks and don’t serve it to the customers  by the bottle.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I have a drink package (booked before we found out), so I'm hoping I could just ask for one and they'd give it to me? Either that or I could just order a virgin dark and stormy haha

I usually go for Reeds or Fever Tree (can't find Goslings very often here), it actually has real ginger in it not just 'natural ginger flavor.' Hopefully that will be alright! I saw the live Summit post that Radio is doing and the videos of the pool are making me really nervous, and I'm not one who normally gets seasick...

17 minutes ago, CleverUserNameHere said:

I have a drink package (booked before we found out), so I'm hoping I could just ask for one and they'd give it to me? Either that or I could just order a virgin dark and stormy haha

You shouldn’t have a problem getting a can or bottle of the Gosling Ginger Beer.   I had it a few times without alcohol,   It was no different than  getting a can of coke and etc.  

If you have a Costco nearby they carry Bundaberg Ginger Beer at a great price.  To me it is better that Gosling and has a stronger ginger flavor and made from real ginger.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CleverUserNameHere said:

Tell them you are pregnant and they will do anything for you!

• Haha 2

I never saw ginger tea at Cafe Al Bacio. I would bring my own box of the bags, then you could go to the buffet and get hot water and make it whenever. Would it be possible to change your Classic Beverage Package to the Premium Non-Alcoholic package before sailing? If you paid for it in cash you should be able to and it would save you some $$. If not maybe go to guest relations and see if you  can make the switch for you if it was  a perk. I love the smoothies you get with the premium non-alcoholic package! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, musik07 said:

I never saw ginger tea at Cafe Al Bacio. I would bring my own box of the bags, then you could go to the buffet and get hot water and make it whenever. Would it be possible to change your Classic Beverage Package to the Premium Non-Alcoholic package before sailing? If you paid for it in cash you should be able to and it would save you some $$. If not maybe go to guest relations and see if you  can make the switch for you if it was  a perk. I love the smoothies you get with the premium non-alcoholic package! 

That's a great idea, thanks! I got it as a perk, but I can't imagine they wouldn't let me switch for a package that is technically less expensive... maybe I should ask my travel agent if they can do that for me?

1 hour ago, wpgcycler said:

Oh dear.

Big difference between ginger ale and ginger beer - no comparison. Does Celebrity allow you to bring soda on board (we haven't done our 1st cruise with them yet)?  You could bring your favorite brand, or pick up Barritt's in Bermuda - it's my favorite.  We can get it in my area at Total Wine, but it tastes even better in Bermuda!  Candied ginger might help also

I think you are only allowed to bring on sodas and wines for consumption on embarkation, not while in port.  Anything brought back from port will be held till last night.  Aren't Mules usually made with ginger Beer and not ginger Ale?   

We were on Constellation in January and they had Ginger Beer at all the bars. I know, 'cos  I like Ginger Beer and a shot of lime with lots of ice as a long drink when I don't want alcohol ( ie when its really hot!).

Simon

5 hours ago, CleverUserNameHere said:

We will be embarking on the Summit this weekend and I recently found out that I am pregnant! Morning sickness/nausea has kicked in and I've been living on ginger beer (an extra strong non-alcoholic ginger ale made with real ginger) and ginger tea. Does anyone know if any of the bars offer real ginger beer? Does Cafe al Bacio offer ginger tea or should I bring my own?

Thanks!

Every time I have been on the cruise to Bermuda on the Summit they have had Ginger Beer - normally Goslings.  I do love my Dark and Stormy (s).

26 minutes ago, CardRock said:

I think you are only allowed to bring on sodas and wines for consumption on embarkation, not while in port.  Anything brought back from port will be held till last night.  Aren't Mules usually made with ginger Beer and not ginger Ale?   

That rule only applies to wine...you can bring as much soda as you'd like at any port.  Ginger beer, of course, is a soda...non-alcoholic but you just never know when you will run into that one xxxxx who sees the word beer and gets all bent out of shape and tries to confiscate it.  

3 hours ago, CleverUserNameHere said:

I like that idea!

but, if you do, bring a letter from your doctor stating that you are not near 24 weeks as that is the cut off as to whether they let you cruise or not..

3 hours ago, CleverUserNameHere said:

That's a great idea, thanks! I got it as a perk, but I can't imagine they wouldn't let me switch for a package that is technically less expensive... maybe I should ask my travel agent if they can do that for me?

No clue. I guess you could try, and if it doesn't work over the phone ask at Guest Relations. Just make sure you have a note stating you are not past the number of weeks  that you cannot cruise after while pregnant!