Sail away from Manhattan - Best location on the Escape?

On 5/8/2019 at 9:42 AM, rwf1 said:

After passing the SOL, how long do you estimate there is before the Verrazano Bridge?  We want to watch sail away from our aft balcony and then move to a higher deck for going under the bridge.

From the time the ship leaves the dock to the bridge, it takes 1 hour

17 minutes ago, tumblew467 said:

How about if it is raining-- then where do we go any ideas?

You can try the waterfront or margaritaville   It is covered but you can still go outside if stops raining. It is on the Statue of Liberty side 

On 5/10/2019 at 4:49 PM, rwf1 said:

So where is your favorite spot?  Unless, of course, you want to keep it secret!

No intentions of keeping it secret. I thought I'd answered. Go to the highest deck, and stand there. It's just a big rectangle. Check the deck plans.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LrgPizza said:

No intentions of keeping it secret. I thought I'd answered. Go to the highest deck, and stand there. It's just a big rectangle. Check the deck plans.

I just thought you might know of a spot that is less crowded with a good view.  I am trying to avoid the obvious thing with the rest of the masses.  Your insight is that you only know the obvious thing.  No problem--just say that next time.

16 hours ago, rwf1 said:

I just thought you might know of a spot that is less crowded with a good view.  I am trying to avoid the obvious thing with the rest of the masses.  Your insight is that you only know the obvious thing.  No problem--just say that next time.

You wanted a spot that is less crowded with a good view. I suggested a spot that is less crowded with a good view. Then you accused me of keeping it a secret. I am very confused by this.  It's actually not the obvious thing. No one else in this thread had even suggested it.  It's rarely crowded up there. Most people hang on the lido decks near the bars.  If you look at this picture, I'm talking about the open area to the right in this photo. It's the highest point on the ship you can go. If you are upset that I didn't tell you exactly where to stand there, well, I'm sorry.  I guess I figure you can spend 10 seconds walking it and do that part yourself. I don't need to hold your hand for that. 

nclfunnel3.jpg

Edited by LrgPizza