amber cove wheelchair transportation

Dmdmom2011

We will be cruising on Carninval Magic in October and one of the stops is AMber Cove and we are booking an excursion thru carnival to ocean world my son is 7 in a push wheelchair carnival says the bus has 5 steps and my son cannot climb without at least two people helping and im not able to do this alone and if we take a taxi to ocean world will it be able to transport a wheelchair that folds can anyone tell me how steep the steps is on the excusrsion bus or have a picture or know if we are able to to take a taxi to it ocean world with a paid escursion thru carnival im still waiting on carnival to answer but I know yall are faster.thanks 

A vast majority of the taxis at Amber Cove are minivans. You'll see them staged in a parking lot at the port when the ship pulls in. The one we rode in had 2nd and 3rd row seating. I'm sure all of these vans are capable of folding up the 3rd row to be able to fit something like a wheelchair, but I don't know if they'd do it.

The buses I remember seeing were large charter buses, which typically have steep steps to get into. I don't know if any of them were equipped with wheelchair lifts.

You can also try contacting Carnival's special needs department to see if they can help. Especially if you book the excursion through them, they can probably give you a definitive answer as to whether or not they can accommodate your son.

Edited by Organized Chaos

if you can get him up that is great. But keep in mind this isn't the us. They don't normally have curb cuts and the like. I would be very cautious about this. if you get a response that it will work, print it and bring it along. that way if it wont work and you head back to the ship, you can get a refund for the excursion. Please check out the disabled cruise forum. My DD was in a wheelchair and we always have a hard time in ports outside of the us.