Key West Pub Crawl - Not Booked Thru Ship??

MistyRo76

Hello!

Has anyone does a Key West Pub Crawl which was NOT booked through their ship? If so, what company(ies) did you book with? 

I've done the Key West Pub Crawl through Carnival three times and had a blast each time....but the first two times, we visited the same five bars and the most recent time (last month) we visited three of the same with two new ones. But one of the ones they took out was our favorite stop of the five and the two new ones were just ok (Sandbar Sports Bar & Grille and Hard Rock Cafe). Would love to do another pub crawl when I cruise to Key West next year with my two best friends, but thought it might be nice checking out non-ship options. If not, maybe we'll just make our own pub crawl up! But I do like the camaraderie of going in a big group.  

4 hours ago, keywester33 said:

Here are two options :https://keywestwalkingtours.com/

it May be the same one you book with the ship.  Most of their business comes from cruise ship passengers.  Overnight visitors tend to create their own. 

Thanks! That is the same company who does the pub crawls for Carnival. We may just have to do that again. We aren't going until next fall, so maybe they'll change the bars up again by then. 

• 8 months later...
On 1/19/2020 at 10:31 AM, MississippiMom said:

I’m curious . . . If you have been to Key West before, why schedule an official pub crawl tour?  Why not just go from pub to pub on your own?

I'm with MississippiMom on this one-- sounds like you've been enough to know the lay of the land. Just go out on your own and have some fun rather than pay someone to usher you around to bars. I've never found it particularly hard to get drunk in Key West on my own...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

As one who has often vacationed in KW and also visited on a few cruises we actually laugh when we happen upon any kind of organized pub crawl!  Going to pubs/bars in KW is a norm for a majority of visitors and as shocking as it might seem most do not see any need to pay a tour guide to simply walk them up Duval Street and into a few bars!  My advice is just walk around on your own and choose the bars that get your interest.  We often prefer to go into the places that have live entertainment (you can generally hear and see it from outside).  We also tend to go to the bars that have a decent crowd (if the place is empty there is usually a reason).  Or course none of this matters in the era of COVID-19 when it is wise to avoid  most bars.

Speaking of KW bars, there are so many good ones I would not even begin to make recommendations.  But we love the high quality T-shorts sold at the Hogs Breath Saloon (you can get these at the next door store without even going into the bar).   

Hank