Edinburgh-Princess shuttles

On 6/14/2019 at 5:20 PM, cherylakers said:

What do you think a taxi would cost for 6 of us to go to Edinburg castle in lieu of taking the bus?

We have a 10 a.m. time entrance to the castle and it sounds like we might not make it in time.  2 of us are elite so we can all probably get off on one of the first tenders.

Thanks

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl.

We're also doing the 10:00 tour at the castle.  So maybe we can hook up with your group and share 2 taxis.

Tom

18 minutes ago, TM said:

Hi Cheryl.

We're also doing the 10:00 tour at the castle.  So maybe we can hook up with your group and share 2 taxis.

Tom

That sounds great.  I thought it would be easier to taxi over than to wait for the shuttle bus.  Are you doing the walking tour after the castle?  We are doing it at noon.  Then will probably have lunch and go back to ship.  

Maybe meet at Vines as soon as ship docks so we can get off right when they clear us.

4 hours ago, tillys mom said:

Hi and thanks for all this great info. We have purchased the Scottish Heritage Pass and will have gotten our card at Sterling Castle. Will we still have the long lines that people are talking about on here? 

I was at Edinburgh Castle on Friday. The slowest part at 9:30 in the morning was the bag check, which everyone has to do. Once through that you stay to the left and those that need to buy tickets go to the right. It was pretty quick at that point.

5 hours ago, tillys mom said:

Thanks for the help. Do you know when the crowds might be lightest?

Sorry, can't help personally on that. Rick Strives suggests about 2 pm, but I can't verify.

I didn't find the crowds unbearable once inside. The only lineup was for the honours and crown jewels.

3 hours ago, teamwanderer said:

Was wondering if anyone knows if the X99 ticket sellers at the port accept credit cards?

Sure do!  Used one at the beginning of July to purchase tickets on the sidewalk right in front of the bus.  

Received the following answer for payment on X99:

You can pay by credit/debit card as we have a number of staff members at the bus that can assist. 

I hope you enjoy your visit to Edinburgh. 

Kind regards, Chris Morgan, Customer Services (CustomerServices@lothianbuses.co.uk)

On 7/25/2019 at 8:07 PM, teamwanderer said:

Was wondering if anyone knows if the X99 ticket sellers at the port accept credit cards?

As others have said, you can use credit card to buy your tickets but you must get them from a seller. There are 4 sellers in blue jackets with ticket machines on the pavement (sidewalk) between the pier gates and the bus. You can't miss them.  

On 7/26/2019 at 3:10 PM, PeetNL said:

Received the following answer for payment on X99:

You can pay by credit/debit card as we have a number of staff members at the bus that can assist. 

I hope you enjoy your visit to Edinburgh. 

Kind regards, Chris Morgan, Customer Services (CustomerServices@lothianbuses.co.uk)

Hoping this msg reaches Lothian Buses Customer Service,  we thought we read in an earlier post that X99 Buses Edinburg may be involved in a strike beginning 2 August 2019,  is this true?

On 7/29/2019 at 2:46 PM, teamwanderer said:

Hoping this msg reaches Lothian Buses Customer Service,  we thought we read in an earlier post that X99 Buses Edinburg may be involved in a strike beginning 2 August 2019,  is this true?

I was on duty at the weekend and spoke to the Lothian Bus staff on duty.  They think that the X99 as well as the Airlink services will be given priority so hopefully you will be okay.  Negotiations are still continuing but it is very complex apparently and more than is being disclosed in the press. 

On 7/31/2019 at 11:28 AM, tartanexile81 said:

I was on duty at the weekend and spoke to the Lothian Bus staff on duty.  They think that the X99 as well as the Airlink services will be given priority so hopefully you will be okay.  Negotiations are still continuing but it is very complex apparently and more than is being disclosed in the press. 

The strike has been suspended there is a new ballot in mid August so everyone traveling until then will be fine.  It is hopeful the workers will accept the new anti bullying by management plans

Edited by uktog

2 minutes ago, uktog said:

The strike has been suspended there is a new ballot in mid August so everyone traveling until then will be fine.  It is hopeful the workers will accept the new anti bullying by management plans

Yes I saw that on the other post and of course on the local news.  We've heard that the bus will run into the evening too tomorrow to assist passengers spending the evening in Edinburgh.