FREEDOM POST 2020 DRY DOCK

Freedom is going into dry dock in January and February 2020. Deck plans  for my March and April B2B are showing no different than pre dry dock. Crown and Anchor has no details. Anyone here have any insight?   Is this going to now be the Amped Up Freedom of the Seas? 

1 minute ago, BEENSAILING said:

Freedom is going into dry dock in January and February 2020. Deck plans  for my March and April B2B are showing no different than pre dry dock. Crown and Anchor has no details. Anyone here have any insight?   Is this going to now be the Amped Up Freedom of the Seas? 

She will be very similar to Mariner and Navigator. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BEENSAILING said:

We booked Freedom for March 8th next year. We booked before I knew it was going into dry dock. After learning of the dry dock I did some searching and found that yes, this will be the Amped Up overhaul.

8 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Maybe closer to Indy?

I would have to agree.....hopefully they add a lime & coconut bar and also the el loco fresh like on navigator! i booked after the refurb, hopefully it doesn't disappoint! But then again, any cruise is better than no cruise!

Edited by chache1982
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

We booked Freedom for March 8th next year. We booked before I knew it was going into dry dock. After learning of the dry dock I did some searching and found that yes, this will be the Amped Up overhaul.

where did you find information about the overhaul?

Just off Navigator last week.  I do hope Freedom gets similar upgrades.  The Johnny Rockets and El Loco Fresh were a great addition to the pool deck and the slides were a blast.  The whole ship felt brand new.  

Interesting... I have been playing with the idea of taking the Freedom of the Seas in June of 2020.  However, the cruise seems to not be listed any longer for the months of May, and June.... I wonder if they pushed back dry docking or possibly it could just be a glitch in the search engine I was using.

6 minutes ago, Maddycakes said:

Interesting... I have been playing with the idea of taking the Freedom of the Seas in June of 2020.  However, the cruise seems to not be listed any longer for the months of May, and June.... I wonder if they pushed back dry docking or possibly it could just be a glitch in the search engine I was using.

i think it must be the search engine. i just checked royal's site and cruises are showing up for every week in may and june

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BEENSAILING said:

where did you find information about the overhaul?

All the info is on the boards here. Freedom, Allure and Explorer are all getting amp'd up next year in 2020

12 minutes ago, BEENSAILING said:

Wonder how soon before an “amp” Royal becomes specific about the changes and additions...

Usually details emerge after the amp.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, BEENSAILING said:

Wonder how soon before an “amp” Royal becomes specific about the changes and additions...

So Navigator entered dry dock beginning of January 2019 and the announcement about specific changes came early November 2018, so about 2 months in advance. 

Given that Freedom's dry dock is the same time next year, I wouldn't expect any articles or announcements until towards the end of this year. 

Edited by cot427

1 hour ago, Maddycakes said:

i just did a price check (they doubled) for my 5/24/20 booking. it's there. 

13 hours ago, cot427 said:

So Navigator entered dry dock beginning of January 2019 and the announcement about specific changes came early November 2018, so about 2 months in advance. 

Given that Freedom's dry dock is the same time next year, I wouldn't expect any articles or announcements until towards the end of this year. 

I was about to say the same thing.  We have a cruise booked on the Oasis, which goes into drydock in November 2019, prior to the Freedom going into drydock next year.  Nothing is released about what is planned for the Oasis as of yet, so I doubt they will release info about the Freedom prior to release of the Oasis plans.

On 5/7/2019 at 8:47 PM, BEENSAILING said:

We did a B2B cruise on the Freedom March 2019. Rumor has it the CL (deck 10) will be turned into 4 inside cabins and the seven harts and cloud nine will become the new SL and no longer have a CL. DL remains in place.  

Edited by davekathy

The sailing for March 1st which we were booked on has been cancelled. I got the news from my TA this morning, She is moving us to the March 15 sailing as we are already on for March 8th. Royal Caribbean sent her the update and bookings we could move to. due to the incident with the Oasis they are unable now to use the dock area for the Freedom so have to move her to Cadiz. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LXA350 said:

Would be nice that they will keep Giovanni's on Freedom and also on Explorer when it goes to dry dock instead of replacing it with Jamie's

I just don't see that happening.

• Like 1

Bob to let you know, our March 1st sailing on the Freedom just got cancelled due to an extended dry dock and having to move her location back to Cadiz. because the dock where she was going was damaged by the Oasis incident. As a result our roll call will not be active. Some of us have already moved to new sailings. Two including myself to March 15th. 

Gay

• 2 weeks later...

We are booked on the May 24, 2020 Freedom of the seas cruise and heard the ship would be in dry dock for the first few months of 2020.  My research found that the Amped Up reno would include a new laser tag, escape room, and new dining venues along with additional water slides around the pool area.  Guess we all will see when it comes out of dry dock in late March or so.