FREEDOM POST 2020 DRY DOCK

1 hour ago, Desert Cruizers said:

Her first dry dock I am aware of is latter week of Feb affecting the Feb 23rd ,  but got extended through March 1 affecting our 1st sailing of a b2b so kept March 8th and went with March 15th. 

We are fortunate we booked our b2b to begin March 22.

My TA worked a great one for us when moving from March 1st to the 15th to keep our b2b. She did spend over 2 hours making sure we were # 1 Mid Ship, & same cabin for both sailings # 2. Upgraded to Spacious OV, & # 3 Our March 1st pricing moved with us. I was able to move our Hotel at the Decanter in San Juan up a week . We were coming in Feb 28th for our March 1st sailing so moved it up a week to the 6th for the March 8th sailing;. 

On 5/8/2019 at 11:18 PM, davekathy said:

We did a B2B cruise on the Freedom March 2019. Rumor has it the CL (deck 10) will be turned into 4 inside cabins and the seven harts and cloud nine will become the new SL and no longer have a CL. DL remains in place.  

I hope the rumor is true. We absolutely loved the SL on Liberty. Great view, open and didn’t feel crowded even when there were lots of guests. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MalteseMama2 said:

I hope the rumor is true. We absolutely loved the SL on Liberty. Great view, open and didn’t feel crowded even when there were lots of guests. 

Agree the seven hearts and cloud nine current locations would be a great location for another lounge. 🍷🍺🥃

Edited by davekathy

On 5/9/2019 at 12:54 AM, Desert Cruizers said:

The sailing for March 1st which we were booked on has been cancelled. I got the news from my TA this morning, She is moving us to the March 15 sailing as we are already on for March 8th. Royal Caribbean sent her the update and bookings we could move to. due to the incident with the Oasis they are unable now to use the dock area for the Freedom so have to move her to Cadiz. 

Now I’m a bit nervous about our cruise as we are booked for the week of March 8. I thought Freedom was due to be finished with her refurb mid Feb. I remember when I was choosing our date that I wanted a couple weeks between her being back and our sailing in case of delays. Oh well, just have to hope for the best. Not going to worry about it. 

March 8th is alright, we are doing the 8th & 15th now. The dock the freedom was going in for her dry dock was damaged during the Oasis incident when it collapsed causing the crane to fall on the Oasis so the Freedom has to go back to Cadiz which delayed hers. BTW I do have a Roll Call started and a Spreadsheet so be sure and stop by and I will be happy to add you and any information you wish to the Online Spreadsheet.

Gay

• 1 month later...

Am considering cruising on Freedom next April 2020. Would anything think that the cruise might get cancelled since the refurb gets pushed back or is that late enough and they tend to run on time anyway?

Also, is it likely to add water slides? I see what other ships are getting added that are getting done earlier but not clear of what is getting added to Freedom. We just sailed on Allure last April and my kids (ages 9 and 16) loved it sooo much! I just like the cruise ports of Freedom but am a bit worried about the ship choice.

Any thoughts?

Jenn

I’m doing a cruise on Freedom in June 2020. When looking at the deck plans for the time period of the cruise it still lists Sabor & on air club and doesn’t have any of the “amplified” features.

I was under the impression Freedom was being amplified early 2020 and would basically be a copy of Independence (which I just sailed on last month). The cruise planner even lets me reserve Sabor. 

Google searching hasn’t brought much fruit beyond a table from last year that outlined the amplified outline. 

Does anyone have any info on this? Thank you!

FCC4396B-FB13-4F3F-8703-2582DFB27407.jpeg

FC016471-4474-4688-BDEC-C984976AD25B.jpeg

On 5/8/2019 at 7:19 AM, cruiseguy1016 said:

We booked Freedom for March 8th next year. We booked before I knew it was going into dry dock. After learning of the dry dock I did some searching and found that yes, this will be the Amped Up overhaul.

We are booked on Freedom for the same date! 

On 5/8/2019 at 8:31 AM, Maddycakes said:

Interesting... I have been playing with the idea of taking the Freedom of the Seas in June of 2020.  However, the cruise seems to not be listed any longer for the months of May, and June.... I wonder if they pushed back dry docking or possibly it could just be a glitch in the search engine I was using.

I am booked for the May 10, 2020 cruise.  I have not been notified that they change anything.

• 1 month later...
On 7/12/2019 at 11:54 AM, Desert Cruizers said:

Are you booked for only the March 8th, daughter & I will be on the Freedom for both the 8th & 15th of 2020.

We are only booked for the March 8th sailing! Lucky you going on a B2B!! 

I have a feeling we will not see Jamie's on board and rather a new concept for Giovanni's that will also be introduced on Voyager. Not the best marketing anyhow, the Resaurants are loosing popularity and amongst others all the Jamie's Restaurants in the UK went out of business, hence time to sail on with a new concept.