Getting to Fisherman's Wharf in Victoria

I'm going to be sailing on Royal Caribbean Ovation of the  Seas this summer. For our stop in Victoria, I've been doing some research on what I want to do. We want to see and experience some of the city, specifically Fisherman's Wharf and Downtown/China Town. I understand we can take a water taxi from Fishermans Wharf to the China Town area, but what is the best way to get from the cruise pier? Will there be shuttles or city buses readily available? I'll be with my Mom who can't walk long distances without sitting to rest, so I'm looking to keep the walk within a block of the cruise ship. Also, is Lyft and  Uber available in Victoria? I have no idea if that's available in Canada at all, or if it's US only.

Lyft/Uber is available in much of Canada, but not anywhere in BC (so no Victoria or Vancouver which is the main thing for cruisers). Plenty cabs though - and they're cheaper than water taxis which charge per person instead of per vehicle. Mainstream lines all set up a for-fee city shuttle - I believe last season's rate was consistently $12pp, which is more expensive than a cab into town so even for just 2 people you're both saving money AND being flexible about exactly where you get in and out (cruise shuttles usually stop at the pier, downtown near the Empress, and *might* also have a Fisherman's Wharf stop but not always).

You'd also be better off from a walking perspective taking a cab from Fisherman's Wharf to Chinatown - the Chinatown dock is two blocks away from the ceremonial gate @ Fisgard & Government (and that's about all there is to Victoria's Chinatown these days - it is TINY!) You'd be walking past one of the best pubs though, so if you want to ride the boats for fun rather than efficiency, sure, grab one between your stops - then pop into Swans on the way to rest your legs, while giving your elbows a workout 😉

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, ourfamilylovescruising said:

can you walk to fisherman wharf for the ship?

From departing the ship it is a little over 1/2 mile to Fisherman's Wharf. Departing the Ogden Point parking area, turn left on Dallas Road.

Passing the Coast Guard Base it has a gentle incline. After Huron Street you can stroll through Fisherman's Wharf Park, then down the gangway to the wharf. Nice easy stroll.

The shuttle price has increased to 15 this year as I experienced a few weeks ago.  Of course I didn't take it.  5 for a day pass on transit.  Just go out to the street in front of the cruise ship terminal stay on the side of the terminal and catch the bus into town and back.  And anywhere else all over the city.

• 2 weeks later...